February 10, 2015
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm EST
Harvey W. Wiley Federal Bldg., Wiley Auditorium,
5100 Paint Branch Pkwy., College Park, MD 20740
The purpose of this public meeting is to discuss the Draft Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for the proposed rule to establish standards for the growing, harvesting, packing and holding of produce for human consumption. This rule was proposed in January 2013 to help implement the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), with updates to certain provisions published in September 2014.
The FDA is seeking public input on the impacts identified in the Draft EIS. The purpose of the public meeting is to
- inform the public of the provisions of the proposed rule that may significantly affect the quality of the environment and the identified impacts,
- to provide information about the EIS process (including how to submit comments, data, and other information to the rulemaking docket),
- to solicit oral stakeholder and public comments on the Draft EIS, and
- to respond to questions about the EIS.
For general questions about the meeting, contact: Cynthia Wise, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, Food and Drug Administration, 5100 Paint Branch Parkway, College Park, MD 20740, telephone: 240-402-1357, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Federal Register Notice announcing the Public Meeting and Draft EIS
- Recording of the Meeting
- Meeting Transcript (PDF: 70KB)
- Environmental Impacts Meeting Handout
- Presentation: Draft Environmental Impact Statement for Produce Safety Proposed Rule (PDF: 2.1MB)
Please note the following important dates:
- March 10, 2015: Approximate closing date to submit either electronic or written comments to FDA’s Division of Dockets Management. See Docket No. FDA-2014-N-2244 on http://www.regulations.gov for the official closing date.