November 13, 2014
8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Harvey W. Wiley Federal Bldg., Wiley Auditorium,
5100 Paint Branch Pkwy., College Park, MD 20740
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) held a public meeting to discuss proposed changes to four rules originally proposed in 2013 to implement the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA). In response to the comments received on these foundational FSMA proposed rules, FDA issued supplemental notices of proposed rulemaking that propose changes and updates to four of the proposed FSMA rules: Current Good Manufacturing Practice and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls for Human Food (Preventive Controls of Human Food); Standards for the Growing, Harvesting, Packing, and Holding of Produce for Human Consumption (Produce Safety); Current Good Manufacturing Practice and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls for Food for Animals (Preventive Controls for Animal Food); and Foreign Supplier Verification Programs for Importers of Food for Humans and Animals (Foreign Supplier Verification Programs).
The purpose of the meeting is to solicit oral stakeholder and public comments on the new content of the supplemental proposed rules and to inform the public about the rulemaking process (including how to submit comments, data, and other information to the rulemaking dockets), and to respond to questions about the revised proposed rules.
For general questions about the meeting, contact: Juanita Yates, FDA, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, telephone: 240-402-1731, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Federal Register Notice Announcing the Public Meeting
- Proposed Supplemental Rule for Produce Safety
- Proposed Supplemental Rule for Preventive Controls for Human Food
- Proposed Supplemental Rule for Preventive Controls for Animal Food
- Proposed Supplemental Rule for Foreign Supplier Verification Programs (FSVP)
- Agenda (PDF, 137KB)
- Recording of the Meeting
- Meeting Transcript (PDF, 486KB)
- Presentation: FSMA, Where We’ve Been and Where We’re Going (PPT, 432KB)
- Presentation: Produce Safety Rule Supplemental Proposal (PPT, 807KB)
- Presentation: Foreign Supplier Verification Programs Supplemental Proposal (PPT, 643KB)
- Presentation: Preventive Controls for Human Food Supplemental Proposal (PPT, 734KB)
- Presentation: Preventive Controls for Animal Food Supplemental Proposal (PPT, 1.2MB)
Please note the following important dates:
- December 15, 2014: Closing date to submit either electronic or written comments to FDA’s Division of Dockets Management.