February 27, 2014
8:30 am – 5:00 pm
720 South Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60605
The purpose of the meeting is to discuss the proposed rule to require domestic and foreign food facilities that are required to register under the Federal Food Drug, and Cosmetic Act (the FD&C Act) to address hazards that may be intentionally introduced by acts of terrorism. The meeting will also be covering the proposed rule on Sanitary Transportation of Human and Animal Food which establishes requirements for shippers, carriers by motor vehicle and rail vehicle, and receivers engaged in the transportation of food, including food for animals, to use sanitary transportation practices to ensure the safety of the food they transport. FDA is proposing these requirements as part of the implementation of the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA). The meeting is also designed to solicit oral stakeholder and other public comments on the proposed rule, inform the public about the rulemaking process (including how to submit comments, data and other information to the rulemaking docket), and respond to questions about the proposed rule.
For general questions about the meeting, contact: Juanita Yates, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, Food and Drug Administration, 5100 Paint Branch Parkway, College Park, MD 20740, telephone: 240-402-1731, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Agenda (PDF: 143KB)
- Meeting Transcript (PDF: 539KB)
- Federal Register Notice for the Public Meeting
- Fact Sheet on the Proposed Rule on Intentional Adulteration of Food
- Proposed Rule for Sanitary Transportation of Human and Animal Food: Overview (PPTX: 1.1MB)
- Proposed Rule for Sanitary Transportation of Human and Animal Food: Economic Analysis (PPTX: 533KB)
- Proposed Rule to Protect Food Against Intentional Adulteration (PPTX: 1.3MB)
- Regulatory Impact Analysis Summary (PPTX: 359KB)
- FDA Food Defense Tools and Resources (PPTX: 8.3MB)
- Actionable Process Steps and Focused Mitigation Strategies (PPTX: 532KB)
Please note the following important dates:
- March 31, 2014: Closing date to submit either electronic or written comments to FDA’s Division of Dockets Management for the Proposed Rule on Intentional Adulteration of Food. See Docket No. FDA-2013-N-1425 on http://www.regulations.gov.
- July 30, 2014: Closing date to submit either electronic or written comments to FDA’s Division of Dockets Management for the Proposed Rule on Sanitary Transportation for Human and Animal Food. See Docket No. FDA-2013-N-0013 on http://www.regulations.gov.