FSMA Public Meeting: Proposed Rule to Establish Current Good Manufacturing Practice and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls for Food for Animals – Sacramento, CA
December 6, 2013
8:30 am – 2:30 pm
John E. Moss Federal Building, Stanford Room
650 Capitol Mall, Sacramento, CA 95814
The purpose of this public meeting is to discuss the proposed rule to establish current good manufacturing practice and to require hazard analysis and risk based preventive controls for food for animals. This proposed rule is one of several proposed rules that will establish the foundation of, and central framework for, the modern food safety system envisioned by Congress in the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA). The meeting is also designed to solicit oral stakeholder and public comments on the proposed rules, inform the public about the rulemaking process (including how to submit comments, data and other information to the rulemaking dockets), and respond to questions about the proposed rules.
This is the third of three public meetings FDA plans to hold on this FSMA proposed rule. Information on the additional meetings can be found on the FSMA Meeting page. The agenda format will be the same for each meeting.
For general questions about the meeting, contact Aleta Sindelar, 7519 Standish Place, RM 133, Rockville, MD 20855; Phone 240-276-9230; Fax 240-276-9241; or Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Agenda for December 6 (PDF: 140KB)
- Transcript (PDF: 572KB)
- Presentation: Preventive Controls for Animal Food (PPT: 419KB)
- Presentation: Proposed Rule on Preventive Controls for Animal Food Facilities Overview (PPT: 2.3MB)
- Presentation: Proposed Rule for Preventive Controls for Animal Food: Preliminary Regulatory Impact Analysis (PPT: 492KB)
- Presentation: Education and Technical Assistance - Focus on Preventive Controls for Food for Animals (PPTX: 360KB)
- Presentation: An Update on FDA’s FSMA Implementation Strategy and Progress (PPT: 400KB)
- Federal Register Notice for the Public Meeting
- Proposed Rule to Establish Current Good Manufacturing Practice and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls for Food for Animals
- Transportation via Sacramento Regional Transit District