November 25, 2013
8:30 am – 2:30 pm
Ralph H. Metcalfe Federal Building, Room 331 (Morrison Room)
77 West Jackson Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60604
The purpose of this public meeting is to discuss the proposed rule to establish current good manufacturing practice and to require hazard analysis and risk based preventive controls for food for animals. This proposed rule is one of several proposed rules that will establish the foundation of, and central framework for, the modern food safety system envisioned by Congress in the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA). The meeting is also designed to solicit oral stakeholder and public comments on the proposed rules, inform the public about the rulemaking process (including how to submit comments, data and other information to the rulemaking dockets), and respond to questions about the proposed rules.
This is the second of three public meetings FDA plans to hold on this FSMA proposed rule. Information on the additional meeting can be found on the FSMA Meeting page. The agenda format will be the same for each meeting.
For general questions about the meeting, contact: Aleta Sindelar, 7519 Standish Place, RM 133, Rockville, MD 20855; Phone 240-276-9230; Fax 240-276-9241; or Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Agenda for November 25 (PDF: 140KB)
- Transcript (PDF: 468KB)
- Presentation: Preventive Controls for Animal Food (PPT: 418KB)
- Presentation: Proposed Rule on Preventive Controls for Animal Food Facilities Overview (PPT: 2.3MB)
- Presentation: An Update on FDA’s FSMA Implementation Strategy and Progress (PPT: 400KB)
- Presentation: Proposed Rule for Preventive Controls for Animal Food: Preliminary Regulatory Impact Analysis (PPT: 494KB)
- Presentation: Education and Technical Assistance: Focus on Preventive Controls for Food for Animals (PPTX: 357KB)
- Transcript of the Meeting (available within 30 days following the meeting)
- Federal Register Notice for the Public Meeting
- Proposed Rule to Establish Current Good Manufacturing Practice and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls for Food for Animals