The meeting will be held:
Feb. 23 – 25, 2016 in the Atlanta Airport Hilton, Atlanta, GA.
Goals and Objectives:
- The goal of this workshop is to provide a forum for open discussion between leading osteoarthritis experts in academia, industry, the non-profit sector, and government, with the ultimate goal of identifying next steps in improving osteoarthritis clinical trials and accelerating the development of safe and effective treatments for osteoarthritis.
- Identify promising innovations that could facilitate successful clinical trials in OA.
- Consider new approaches to recruitment for clinical trials.
- Identify feasible and clinically meaningful trial endpoints for validation/use.
- Discuss approaches for reducing the time and cost of osteoarthritis trials while maximizing the likelihood of success.
Additional objectives will be developed in conjunction with FDA and planning committee input.