Assessment of Analgesic Treatment of Chronic Pain: A Scientific Workshop
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER), is announcing a public workshop to hear a discussion of the available data on the efficacy of analgesics in the treatment of chronic non-cancer pain (CNCP). The focus of the presentations and discussions by scientific experts and other stakeholder groups will be on the available clinical data from both randomized clinical trials and other studies of the efficacy of opioid analgesics, and comparison of that data to the data from studies of non-opioid analgesics used in the treatment of CNCP.
May 30, 2012 from 1:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
May 31, 2011 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Natcher Conference Center
45 Center Drive
Bethesda, Maryland 20892
- Federal Register Notice
- Agenda (PDF - 31KB)
- Slides from the Chronic Pain Workshop
- FDA Scientific Workshop on Analgesics Highlights the Critical Need for Evidence of the Long-Term Effectiveness of Opioids for Chronic Pain (PDF - 34KB)
- Transcript: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 (PDF - 345KB)
- Transcript: Thursday, May 31, 2012 (PDF - 588KB)
Registration: If you wish to attend the workshop or provide oral comments during the open session of the meeting, please email your registration to CDER_ChronicPain_Workshop@fda.hhs.gov by May 15, 2012.
- Jane C. Ballantyne (PDF - 22KB)
- Fred Wells Brason II (PDF - 836KB)
- Edward C. Covington, MD (PDF - 21KB)
- Penney Cowan (PDF - 18KB)
- Roger B. Fillingim (PDF - 18KB)
- Rollin M. Gallagher, MD (PDF - 15KB)
- Pamela Hom (PDF - 64KB)
- Frank Porreca (PDF - 45KB)
- Srinivasa N. Raja, MD (PDF - 433KB)
- Bob Rappaport, MD (PDF - 58KB)
- Michael C. Rowbotham, MD (PDF - 13KB)
- David M Simpson, MD (PDF - 16KB)
- Dr. Throckmorton (PDF - 55KB)
- Dennis C. Turk (PDF - 22KB)
- Michael Von Korff (PDF - 17KB)