Information for consumers and health professionals on new drug warnings and other safety information, drug label changes, and shortages of medically necessary drug products.
Drug Safety Communications
- FDA Drug Safety Communication: FDA warns about prescribing and dispensing errors resulting from brand name confusion with antidepressant Brintellix (vortioxetine) and antiplatelet Brilinta (ticagrelor)
- FDA Drug Safety Communication: FDA evaluating the risk of brain deposits with repeated use of gadolinium-based contrast agents for magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- FDA Drug Safety Communication: FDA warns about a serious lung condition in infants and newborns treated with Proglycem (diazoxide)
- Baxter Initiates Voluntary Nationwide Recall of One Lot of IV Solution Due to the Potential For Leaking Containers, Particulate Matter and Missing Port Protectors
- Moses Lake Professional Pharmacy Issues Voluntary Recall of Unexpired Sterile Human and Veterinary Compounded Drugs Due to Lack of Sterility Assurance
- Teva Parenteral Medicines Initiates Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Select Lots of Adrucil (Fluorouracil Injection, USP) 5 G/100 mL (50 mg/mL) Due To Particulate Matter