Aliskiren is a renin inhibitor used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) by lowering blood pressure. It is found in the following medications:
- Amturnide (aliskiren hemifumarate, amlodipine besylate, and hydrochlorothiazide)
- Tekturna (aliskiren hemifumarate)
- Tekturna HCT (aliskiren hemifumarate and hydrochlorothiazide)
- Tekamlo (aliskiren hemifumarate and amlodipine besylate)
- Valturna (aliskiren hemifumarate and valsartan)*
*Novartis (the manufacturer of aliskiren-containing products) decided to stop marketing Valturna, but will ensure that Valturna is available until July 2012 so that heathcare professionals can transition patients to other therapy.
To report any unexpected adverse or serious events associated with the use of these drugs, please contact the FDA MedWatch program using the information at the bottom of this page.