For current information on Tamiflu, see Tamiflu (oseltamivir phosphate) Information.
The information previously contained on these web pages was authorized under the 2009 H1N1 Influenza Emergency Use Authorizations (EUAs). As of June 23, 2010, the EUAs authorizing the unapproved uses of zanamivir and oseltamivir phosphate have been terminated and will no longer be in effect. The following historical information is no longer current.
FDA expands Tamiflu’s use to treat children younger than 1 year[ARCHIVED]
FDA Drug Safety Communication: Important safety changes to the influenza drug Tamiflu (oseltamivir phosphate) for oral suspension
Comunicado de la FDA sobre la seguridad de los medicamentos: Cambios importantes sobre la seguridad del medicamento para la influenza Tamiflu (fosfato de oseltamivir) para suspensión oral
7/11/2011 FDA Drug Safety Communication in Spanish
FDA Drug Safety Podcast for Healthcare Professionals: Important safety changes to the influenza drug Tamiflu (oseltamivir phosphate) for oral suspension[ARCHIVED]
Concentration Lowered in Tamiflu Medication
FDA Consumer Update
FDA Sounds Alarm on Phony Tamiflu[ARCHIVED]
- FDA Public Health Alert: Potential Medication Errors with Tamiflu for Oral Suspension (9/25/2009)[ARCHIVED]
Note: Tamiflu Oral Suspension formulation was changed after report of these medication errors. Refer to the 'Prescribing Information' link below for up-to-date product information.
Tamiflu (oseltamivir phosphate)[ARCHIVED]
MedWatch Safety Alert (Posted 3/4/2008)
- Tamiflu and Relenza Emergency Use Authorization Disposition Letters and Question and Answer Attachments (6/22/2010)
- Termination of Declarations of Emergency Justifying Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) of Certain Antiviral Drugs—Zanamivir, Oseltamivir Phosphate, and Peramivir (PDF - 31KB) (6/21/2010)
- Emergency Use of Tamiflu in Infants Less than 1 Year of Age
- Information for Healthcare Professionals - Authorization of Use of Expired Tamiflu for Oral Suspension (10/2009)
- Tamiflu Letter for Emergency Use Authorization (PDF - 52KB) (10/2009)
- Tamiflu Healthcare Provider Fact Sheet (PDF - 95KB) (10/2009)
- Tamiflu Patient Fact Sheet (PDF - 74KB) (10/2009)
The information contained on these web pages was related to communications regarding the 2009 H1N1 pandemic. The following information may no longer be applicable after the end of the pandemic.
- Public Health Advisory: Availability of Tamiflu for Oral Suspension (12/11/2009)
- Guidance to Pharmacies: Compounding Tamiflu Oral Suspension in Advance to Provide for Multiple Prescriptions (PDF - 116KB) (12/2009)
- Tamiflu Oral Suspension Shortage Information
- Emergency Compounding of an Oral Suspension from Tamiflu 75 mg Capsules (Final Concentration 15 mg/mL)
- Stockpiled Antivirals at or Nearing Expiration (10/31/2009)
Additional Historical Information
Tamiflu (oseltamivir phosphate) Information
Current information on Tamiflu