Subutex (buprenorphine hydrochloride) and Suboxone tablets (buprenorphine hydrochloride and naloxone hydrochloride) are approved for the treatment of opiate dependence. Subutex and Suboxone treat opiate addiction by preventing symptoms of withdrawal from heroin and other opiates.
- FDA Talk Paper [ARCHIVED]
- Questions and Answers about Subutex and Suboxone (buprenorphine) [ARCHIVED]
- Buprenorphine Drug Label (2002) (PDF - 481KB)
- Buprenorphine Patient Leaflet (2002) (PDF - 223KB)
- Buprenorphine Information for Physicians (2002) (PDF - 322KB)
- Buprenorphine Information for Pharmacists (2002) (PDF - 230KB)