Resources for You
Tattoos and Permanent Makeup
Resources on tattoos, permanent makeup, temporary tattoos, and henna (mehndi).
Safety and Regulatory Information
- Tattoo Inks Pose Health Risks: Consumer Update
- Tattoos and Permanent Makeup: Fact Sheet
- Tattoo Ink-Related Infections--Awareness, Diagnosis, Reporting, and Prevention: From the New England Journal of Medicine
- Tattoo-Associated Nontuberculosis Micobacterial Skin Infections: From Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Think Before You Ink: Are Tattoos Safe? Consumer Update
- FDA Webinar on Tattoos and Permanent Makeup, March 15, 2011
- Tattoos and Permanent Make-up: FDA's Office of Women's Health
Temporary Tattoos, Henna/Mehndi, and "Black Henna"
- Temporary Tattoos May Put You at Risk: Consumer Update
Import Alert #53-14: Intensified Coverage of Temporary Tattoos Containing Non-Permitted Color Additives and/or Failing to Bear Ingredient Declaration Import Alert #53-19: Detention Without Physical Examination of Henna Based Skin Color