The following are resources on FDA's surveillance and enforcement activities related to imported cosmetics:
- Import Alerts Related to Cosmetics
An Import Alert allows FDA to detain, without physically examining, products that either have or potentially could violate the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.
- Import Refusals Related to Cosmetics
Cosmetics offered for import that do not appear to comply with U.S. law may be refused entry into this country. The list of Import Refusals is updated monthly.
- Cosmetics Compliance Program: Import and Domestic (PDF 310 KB) March 15, 2010
For information on some ongoing FDA compliance priorities related to cosmetics
The following resources provide more information on FDA's import surveillance activities:
- Federal Agencies Issue Draft Guidance for Industry Good Importer Practices January 12, 2009
- Import Program System Information
An overview of FDA activities related to imports
- Regulatory Procedures Manual: Chapter 9 Import Operations/Actions
For FDA procedures on import detentions, refusals, and more
- FDA's Office of Regulatory Affairs Imports Start Page
For links to additional resources