Vaccines, Blood & Biologics
Resources for You
Survival Analysis Program for Study 9901 - Provenge, November 28, 2006
(System Info - 126781 Kim Helen 04/22/2010 19:05:34 TULL)
From: Zhen, Boguang (CBER)
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 8:36 AM
To: 'Harmon, Matt'
Cc: 'Yuh, Lianng'; 'Smith, Liz'; Tull Lori; Liu, Ke
Subject: survival analysis program for study 9901
I have the following questions while I was running some additional survival
analyses for Study 9901.
- In the attached SAS program, I tried to duplicate the results presented in
Figure 8 of your study report (p79) and to repeat the same analysis using all
available follow-up data (not just cut-off at 36 months as in Figure 8). Could
you check the program to make sure that I used the right variables/datasets?
- In Figure 3 of your study report, it shows that one patient lost to follow-up.
However, from the results of the above survival analysis program and Figure 8,
we could not see a censored patient before 36 months. Could you tell us this
patient?s ID and how you dealt with this patient in survival analysis?
- Patient 9124_152 had death date, but the cause of death (DCUASEDC in DEATH.XPT)
for this patient is missing. Does it mean the cause of death for this patient
- Do you have more follow-up data beyond 36 months for the 25 patients who were
still alive based on the last contact information, especially the five in the
- I also tried to start running Cox regression model. It would be very helpful if
you could tell me the datasets you used to obtain all covariates for the
analysis. I tried to look at your SAS program, but it seems not quite easy for
me to understand the program due to many macro procedures (though fully
understandable why you were using macros).
Thanks in advance for your help.