Vaccines, Blood & Biologics
Re-evaluation Memo - RiaSTAP
|Date:||December 12, 2008|
|From:||Loan Nguyen, Pharm.D, Regulatory Review Officer|
|Through:||Ele Ibarra-Pratt, RN, MPH, Branch Chief|
|To:||Vasantha Kumar, M.S., Ph.D., RPM, OBRR, DBA, RPMB (HFM-380)|
Laura Wood, CMC Committee Chair, OBRR, DH, LBVB (HFM-343)
Nisha Jain, M.D., Medical Officer, OBBR, DH, CRB (HFM-392)
|Subject:||Re-evalutaion of proposed proprietary name “RIASTAP”|
BLA STN: 125317/0
Sponsor: CSL Behring
|Recommendation:||Acceptable with Concerns|
APLB has performed a re-evaluation of the proposed proprietary name, Riastap (REE-uh-stap), Fibrinogen Concentrate (Human) to determine if any new products have been approved since our previous review on October 10, 2008. APLB found that no new products have been approved that would change our previous recommendation. APLB recommends that the proposed proprietary name Riastap be found Acceptable with Concerns .
APLB re-reviewd the proprietary name to ensure that our review is within 90 days of approval. The PDUFA goal date is January 17, 2009. There are no newly marketed products whose names resembled Riastap.
APLB recommends that the proposed proprietary name Riastap be found acceptable with concerns at this time. Using tall-man lettering for Riastap (i.e. RIAstaP) is recommended to mitigate potential risk of medication errors with currently marketed products.
- CBER New BLA, NDA and ANDA approvals lists ending December 12, 2008.
- CDER New and Generic Drug Approvals: through December 12, 2008 (http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cder/drugsatfda/index.cfm)
- Electronic Orange Book: through October, 2008
- FDA’s Phonetic Orthographic Computer Analysis (accessed December 12, 2008)
- United States Adopted Names (USAN) - (http://search.ama-assn.org)