Animal & Veterinary
NARMS 2009 Executive Report - Interactive Data Displays
This page includes two interactive graphs that allow users to visualize the percent resistance among NARMS Salmonella and Campylobacter isolates from humans, retail meats, and food animals by year. The graphs are dynamic and users can select the antimicrobial agent(s) and isolate source(s) to be viewed. The data for the Salmonella graph can be found in Table 8 of the NARMS 2009 Executive Report and the data for the Campylobacter graph can be found in Table 50 and Table 54 of the report. Links to these tables can be found in the Additional Information box below. The interactive graphs were developed by the Agricultural Research Service of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, in consultation with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We hope these graphs serve as practical, user-friendly tools to visualize NARMS data.
Instructions for using the interactive graphs:
- The Salmonella and Campylobacter graphs can be found below in .swf file format. Adobe Flash Player is needed for the graphs to be interactive. Download the free Adobe Flash Player.
- The Salmonella graph includes all non-Typhi Salmonella isolates. For the Campylobacter graph, select C. jejuni or C. coli.
- Click on an antimicrobial class and then the antimicrobial agent you wish to view.
- Click on the source(s) that you would like to view. A line should appear for each source you select.
- To view the percent resistance for a given data point, move your mouse pointer over the data point of interest. Note that resistance <0.05% is shown as 0.0% in the interactive graphs.
- The default Auto-Scale option is set to Off. If you wish to magnify the graph, click on the Auto-Scale button and it will change to Auto-Scale On.
- If you have difficulty viewing the graphs and you are using a browser other than Internet Explorer, try using Internet Explorer. Download the free Internet Explorer.