Animal & Veterinary
2005 NARMS Executive Report - Interactive Data Displays
The NARMS program is exploring the use of interactive data visualization tools to supplement NARMS reports. This page includes links to two interactive graphs. The graphs allow users to visualize the percent resistance among NARMS Salmonella and Campylobacter isolates from humans, retail meats, and food animals by year. The graphs are dynamic and users can select the antimicrobial agent(s) and isolate source(s) to be viewed. The data for the Salmonella graph can be found in Table 8 of the NARMS 2005 Executive Report and the data for the Campylobacter graph can be found in Table 34 and Table37 of the report. The graphs were developed by the Agricultural Research Service of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, in consultation with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We hope these graphs serve as practical, user-friendly tools to visualize NARMS data.
Instructions for opening and using the interactive graphs:
- The graphs are in .swf file format. Adobe Flash Player is needed to view the graphs. Click here to download the free Adobe Flash Player.
- Click on one of the links below:
- Salmonella Graph
- Campylobacter Graph
- If you have difficulty opening the graph and you are using a browser other than Internet Explorer, try opening the graph using Internet Explorer. Click here to download the free Internet Explorer.
- For optimal viewing, go to “View” in your browser and select “Full Screen.”
- Click on the antimicrobial class and then the antimicrobial agent you wish to view.
- For Campylobacter, select the species you would like to view.
- Click on the source(s) that you would like to view.
- To view the percent resistance for a given data point, move your mouse pointer over the data point of interest.
Table 8. Antimicrobial Resistance among all Salmonella (non-Typhi) Isolates from Humans, Retail Meats, and Food Animals, by Year, 1996-2005(PDF - 216KB) Table 34. Antimicrobial Resistance among Campylobacter jejuni Isolates from Humans, Retail Meats, and Chickens, by Year, 1997-2005(PDF - 104KB) Table 37. Antimicrobial Resistance among Campylobacter coli Isolates from Humans, Retail Meats, and Chickens, by Year, 1997-2005(PDF - 113KB) 2005 Salmonella Graph(SWF - 440KB) 2005 Campylobacter Graph(SWF - 463KB)