• Decrease font size
  • Return font size to normal
  • Increase font size
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services

Animal & Veterinary

  • Print
  • Share
  • E-mail

Application Form Available For Feed Mill Licenses

March 27, 1997

In a CVM UPDATE dated November 5, 1996, CVM announced that as a result of the enactment of the Animal Drug Availability Act of 1996 (ADAA), Feed Mill Licenses had taken the place of Medicated Feed Applications. The Center also announced its intention to revise the medicated feed regulations to clarify that a license will be required for the manufacture of medicated feeds. As part of the transition to feed mill licenses, the Center recently received clearance from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) to collect licensing information and to use a license application. The attached form, FORM FDA 3448 is available for medicated feed mill license applications. Because CVM does not have printed copies of FORM FDA 3448, photocopies of this form may be used for filing.

As provided for by the ADAA, firms holding transitional feed mill licenses are reminded that the transitional license will only be converted to a Medicated Feed Mill License if the application is accompanied by a copy of an approved Medicated Feed Application (FORM FDA 1900).

CVM is available to answer questions during the on-going process of converting to a feed mill licensing system. For additional information, please contact the Division of Animal Feeds, Office of Surveillance and Compliance, Center for Veterinary Medicine, 7500 Standish Place, Rockville, MD 20855, telephone 301-594-1724.


Contact FDA

240-276-9115 FAX
Issued by: FDA, Center for Veterinary Medicine

Communications Staff, HFV-12

7519 Standish Place

Rockville, MD 20855