Animal & Veterinary
New Animal Drug Safety Page Posted On The CVM Website
June 22, 2006
FDA’s Center for Veterinary Medicine (CVM) has posted a new Animal Drug Safety page on the CVM website. CVM established the page to help interested individuals more easily locate safety information on drug products regulated by CVM. The page includes links to the:
- FDA Database of Approved Animal Drug Products,
- Freedom of Information (FOI Summaries),
- Current Labels and Client Information Sheets,
- Adverse Drug Experience Reporting,
- Product Safety Information which includes “Dear Doctor” Letters for Animal Drugs,
- Notice of Regulatory Activity Letters to Pharmaceutical Companies,
- other safety notifications,
- CVM, FDA, and HHS news releases,
- FDA Product Recalls, Alerts, and Warnings
- Guidance Documents, and
- Information on Judicious Use of Antimicrobials and the Withdrawal of New Animal Drug Applications Process.
It also links to a new Animal Drug Safety Frequently Asked Questions page.
Any questions or comments about these pages may be directed to the CVM Web Manager, Deborah Brooks Deborah.Brooks@FDA.HHS.gov.