|CBER||February 28, 2014||February 28, 2014 between approximately 8:00 a.m. and 4:20 p.m.||FDA White Oak Campus, 10903 New Hampshire Ave., Bldg. 31 Conference Center, the Great Room (rm. 1503 B and C), Silver Spring, MD 20993-0002.|
On February 28, 2014, the committee will meet in open session to hear an overview of the research program in the Laboratory of Respiratory Viral Diseases, Division of Viral Products, Office of Vaccines Research and Review, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, FDA. The committee will then discuss and make recommendations on the selection of strains to be included in the influenza virus vaccine for the 2014 to 2015 influenza season.
FDA intends to make background material available to the public no later than 2 business days before the meeting. If FDA is unable to post the background material on its Web site prior to the meeting, the background material will be made publicly available at the location of the advisory committee meeting, and the background material will be posted on FDA’s Web site after the meeting. Background material is available at the Advisory Committee calendar page. Scroll down to the appropriate advisory committee link.
Public Participation Information
Interested persons may present data, information, or views, orally or in writing, on issues pending before the committee.
- Written submissions may be made to the contact person on or before February 21, 2014.
- Oral presentations from the public will be scheduled between approximately 2:20 p.m. and 3:20 p.m. on February 28, 2014. Those individuals desiring to make formal oral presentations should notify the contact person and submit a brief statement of the general nature of the evidence or arguments they wish to present, the names and addresses of proposed participants, and an indication of the approximate time requested to make their presentation on or before February 13, 2014.
- Time allotted for each presentation may be limited. If the number of registrants requesting to speak is greater than can be reasonably accommodated during the scheduled open public hearing session, FDA may conduct a lottery to determine the speakers for the scheduled open public hearing session.
- The contact person will notify interested persons regarding their request to speak by February 14, 2014.
For those unable to attend in person, CBER plans to provide a free of charge, live webcast of the February 28, 2014 meeting of the Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee. The link for the webcast is available at: https://collaboration.fda.gov/vrbpac/.
- Prabha Atreya or Denise Royster
1401 Rockville Pike, HFM-71, Rockville, MD 20852
e-mail: email@example.com or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FDA Advisory Committee Information Line, 1-800-741-8138 (301-443-0572 in the Washington, DC area)
A notice in the Federal Register about last minute modifications that impact a previously announced advisory committee meeting cannot always be published quickly enough to provide timely notice. Therefore, you should always check the agency’s Web site and call the appropriate advisory committee hot line/phone line to learn about possible modifications before coming to the meeting.
Persons attending FDA’s advisory committee meetings are advised that the agency is not responsible for providing access to electrical outlets. FDA welcomes the attendance of the public at its advisory committee meetings and will make every effort to accommodate persons with physical disabilities or special needs. If you require special accommodations due to a disability, please contact Prabha Atreya or Denise Royster at least 7 days in advance of the meeting.
FDA is committed to the orderly conduct of its advisory committee meetings. Please visit our Web site for procedures on public conduct during advisory committee meetings.
Notice of this meeting is given under the Federal Advisory Committee Act (5 U.S.C. app. 2). Official FR Notice