Resources for You
October 25, 2011: Allergenic Products Advisory Committee Meeting Announcement
October 25, 2011
Between approximately 8:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
Hilton Washington DC/Silver Spring, 8727 Colesville Rd., Silver Spring, MD 20910
On October 25, 2011, the committee will meet in open session to hear and discuss CBER’s review of scientific and medical literature concerning the use of non-standardized allergen extracts in the diagnosis and treatment of allergic disease. FDA is announcing the availability of this report titled “CBER’s Report of Scientific and Medical Literature and Information on Non-Standardized Allergen Extracts in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Allergic Disease” simultaneously in this Federal Register Notice issue.
Public Participation Information
Interested persons may present data, information, or views, orally or in writing, on issues pending before the committee.
- Written submissions may be made to the contact person on or before October 18, 2011.
- Oral presentations from the public will be scheduled between approximately 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Those individuals interested in making formal oral presentations should notify the contact person and submit a brief statement of the general nature of the evidence or arguments they wish to present, the names and addresses of proposed participants, and an indication of the approximate time requested to make their presentation on or before October 10, 2011. Time allotted for each presentation may be limited. If the number of registrants requesting to speak is greater than can be reasonably accommodated during the scheduled open public hearing session, FDA may conduct a lottery to determine the speakers for the scheduled open public hearing session. The contact person will notify interested persons regarding their request to speak by October 11, 2011.
- For those unable to attend in person, the meeting will also be Web cast.
- Donald Jehn or Joanne Lipkind
1401 Rockville Pike, HFM-71, Rockville, MD 20852
e-mail: Donald.Jehn@fda.hhs.gov or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FDA Advisory Committee Information Line
1-800-741-8138 (301-443-0572 in the Washington, DC, area) and follow the prompts to the desired center or product area. Please call the Information Line for up-to-date information on this meeting.
FDA intends to make background material available to the public no later than 2 business days before the meeting. If FDA is unable to post the background material on its Web site prior to the meeting, the background material will be made publicly available at the location of the advisory committee meeting, and the background material will be posted on FDA’s Web site after the meeting.
A notice in the Federal Register about last minute modifications that impact a previously announced advisory committee meeting cannot always be published quickly enough to provide timely notice. Therefore, you should always check the agency’s Web site and call the appropriate advisory committee hot line/phone line to learn about possible modifications before coming to the meeting.
Persons attending FDA’s advisory committee meetings are advised that the agency is not responsible for providing access to electrical outlets. FDA welcomes the attendance of the public at its advisory committee meetings and will make every effort to accommodate persons with physical disabilities or special needs. If you require special accommodations due to a disability, please contact Donald Jehn or at least 7 days in advance of the meeting. FDA is committed to the orderly conduct of its advisory committee meetings. Please visit our Web site for procedures on public conduct during advisory committee meetings.
Notice of this meeting is given under the Federal Advisory Committee Act (5 U.S.C. app. 2).