August 2-3, 2011: Blood Products Advisory Committee Meeting Announcement
Meeting of the Blood Products Advisory Committee
August 2-3, 2011
August 2 from 1:30 p.m. to approximately 5:00 p.m.
Hilton Washington DC/North,
On August 2, 2011, the committee will discuss a study on the incidence of Trypanosoma cruzi infection in blood donors and its implications for selective testing of blood donors. On August 3, 2011, the committee will discuss measures to preserve the blood supply during a severe emergency. In the afternoon, the committee will hear the following updates: Summary of the June 7-8, 2011, Health and Human Services Advisory Committee on Blood Safety and Availability meeting; summary of the May 17-18, 2011, public workshop on risk mitigation strategies to address procoagulant activity in immune globulin products; and summary of the August 1-2, 2011, Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies Advisory Committee meeting.
Materials for this meeting will be available on the 2011 Meeting Materials, Blood Products Advisory Committee page.
Public Participation Information
Interested persons may present data, information, or views, orally or in writing, on issues pending before the committee.
- Written submissions may be made to the contact person on or before July 26, 2011
- Oral presentations on August 2, 2011 from the public will be scheduled between approximately 3:30 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. Oral presentations on August 3, 2011 from the public will be scheduled between 11:00 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Those individuals interested in making formal oral presentations should notify the contact person and submit a brief statement of the general nature of the evidence or arguments they wish to present, the names and addresses of proposed participants, and an indication of the approximate time requested to make their presentation on or before July 18, 2011. Time allotted for each presentation may be limited. If the number of registrants requesting to speak is greater than can be reasonably accommodated during the scheduled open public hearing session, FDA may conduct a lottery to determine the speakers for the scheduled open public hearing session. The contact person will notify interested persons regarding their request to speak by July 19, 2011.
- For those unable to attend in person, the meeting will also be Web cast. The Web cast will be available at the following link. Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies Advisory Committee
Blood Products Advisory Committee Day 1: http://fda.yorkcast.com/webcast/Viewer/?peid=b6ce0d080a594ddf9d362a0b1815b4491d.
Blood Products Advisory Committee Day 2: http://fda.yorkcast.com/webcast/Viewer/?peid=68d4630cf50847c5aaec06b1720f205f1d.
- Bryan Emery or Rosanna Harvey
1401 Rockville Pike, HFM-71, Rockville, MD 20852
e-mail: Bryan.Emery@fda.hhs.gov or email: Rosanna.Harvey@fda.hhs.gov
- FDA Advisory Committee Information Line
1-800-741-8138 (301-443-0572 in the Washington, DC, area)
code 3014512391. Please call the Information Line for up-to-date information on this meeting.
FDA intends to make background material available to the public no later than 2 business days before the meeting. If FDA is unable to post the background material on its Web site prior to the meeting, the background material will be made publicly available at the location of the advisory committee meeting, and the background material will be posted on FDA’s Web site after the meeting.
A notice in the Federal Register about last minute modifications that impact a previously announced advisory committee meeting cannot always be published quickly enough to provide timely notice. Therefore, you should always check the agency’s Web site and call the appropriate advisory committee hot line/phone line to learn about possible modifications before coming to the meeting.
Persons attending FDA’s advisory committee meetings are advised that the agency is not responsible for providing access to electrical outlets. FDA welcomes the attendance of the public at its advisory committee meetings and will make every effort to accommodate persons with physical disabilities or special needs. If you require special accommodations due to a disability, please contact Bryan Emery or Rosanna Harvey at least 7 days in advance of the meeting. FDA is committed to the orderly conduct of its advisory committee meetings. Please visit our Web site for procedures on public conduct during advisory committee meetings.
Notice of this meeting is given under the Federal Advisory Committee Act (5 U.S.C. app. 2).