Small Business Outreach Vendor Fair
2013 FDA OAGS Small Business Outreach Event Highlights
Thank you for attending the 2013 FDA OAGS Small Business Outreach Vendor Fair! We hope you made several successful business connections. At this one day event we provided an opportunity for small business vendors to:
- Learn the structure of FDA and the mission of the Center/Office;
- Discover "How to do business with the FDA;"
- Evaluate the key products/services each FDA Center/Office buys to target marketing efforts;
- Be informed of the Key Procurements Planned for each Center/Office in FY13 and the opportunity to ask questions;
- Meet one-on-one with Project Officers and Contracting Officers concerning upcoming requirements;
- Meet one-on-one with Small Businesses that are having success at the FDA; and
- Meet one-on-one with Large Businesses with subcontracting opportunities.
This web page offers each speakers presentation as follows:
- Overview of Office of Acquisitions and Grants (OAGS) by Leonard Grant, Deputy Director
- Overview of the Department of Health and Human Services Small Business Programs by Teresa Lewis, Director, HHS of Small Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU)
- An FDA Success Story by Hatel Patel, Aurotech Corporation
- IT Strategy and Needs by Walter Harris, COO
- 101 Contractors New to the Federal Marketplace by Jonathan Ferguson, HHS Small Business Specialist
Highlights of the event include:
Spotlight on Small Business featuring representatives from;
Large Businesses with Subcontracting Opportunities featuring representatives from;
Booz Allen & Hamilton
General Dynamics Information Technology
Social & Scientific Systems
SRA International, Inc.
The Working Lunch Session – 101 for Contractors New to the Federal Marketplace;
Networking Opportunities with small and large businesses; and
One on One Meetings with FDA Centers and Offices.
Here are just a few of the many comments we received from our valued attendees:
I wanted take a minute and compliment you all for doing a sober job in staging this event yesterday. I think the small business community felt very good about the event and the effort put in by you all in arranging this event. I think they are fortunate to have the support of the FDA leadership in pushing small business interests and goals.
Please check back for additional updates and Save the Date for Wednesday, February 19, 2014!