Small Business Outreach Vendor Fair
Save the date! Next event: March 3, 2015
2014 FDA OAGS Small Business Outreach Event Highlights
Thank you for attending the 2014 FDA OAGS Small Business Outreach Vendor Fair. We hope you made several successful business connections. At this one day event we provided the opportunity for small business vendors to:
- Learn the structure of FDA and the mission of the Center/Office;
- Discover "How to do business with the FDA;"
- Evaluate the main products/services each FDA Center/Office buys to target marketing efforts;
- Be apprised of crucial products/services each FDA Center/Office in FY 14 and the opportunity to ask questions;
- Meet one-on-one with Project Officers and Contracting Officers concerning upcoming requirements;
- Meet one-on-one with Small Businesses that are having success at the FDA; and
- Meet one-on-one with Large Businesses with subcontracting opportunities.
- Plenary Session Master of Ceremony (MC) – James Chestnut, Supervisory Contract Specialist
- Opening remarks – Jay Tyler, FDA, Chief Financial Officer
- Overview of Office of Acquisitions and Grants (OAGS) by Leonard Grant, Deputy Director
- Overview of Center for Evaluation and Research (CDER) by Melanie Keller, Associate Director for Management Center for Evaluation and Research
- Successful Strategies for Doing Business with the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) by Shaunta Johnson, Deputy Director, Operations
- Spotlight on a Small Business- A small business perspective on doing business with the Federal Government – Robert Palmer, Creative Business Solutions
- Keynote Speaker – University of Maryland (UMD) Procurement Technical Assistance Program Mary Lee Kolich, Procurement Specialist
- Working Lunch Session 101 for Contractors New to Federal Market Place – by Jonathan Ferguson, Small Business Specialist Supporting FDA & IHS; HHS/OSDBU
Highlights of the event include:
In attendance were the following Large Businesses that met with Small Businesses to discuss subcontracting opportunities:
- Booz Allen & Hamilton
- General Dynamics Information Technology
- KPMG LLP
- Northrop Grumman
- Social and Scientific Systems
- SRA International
Here are just a few of the many comments we received from our valued attendees:
You made all in attendance feel welcomed and a part of the FDA family. I appreciated the opportunities to meet with various representatives and will be following up on several of the encounters.
Thank you again for your commitment to advancing small businesses and to furthering the good cause and image of the FDA
Samuel Lin MD, PhD, MBA, MPA, MS
Rear Admiral and Assistant Surgeon General (Ret), USPHS
Deputy Assistant Secretary for Health (Ret), USDHHS
President, Humetrics, Inc. (A Certified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business)
The event was very well organized and informative.
I look forward to participating in future events
Ajit K Menon, PMP | Leidos
Program Manager | Health Solutions Group
M/s. FS1-7-2 | 11951 Freedom Drive | Reston, VA 20190
I wanted to reach out and thank you and the FDA team again for the excellent Small Business event hosted at the FDA last week. I have been to many similar events and often left feeling like I had wasted a lot of time and energy. However, that was not the case last week. I appreciated the opportunity to learn more about FDA programs and to meet Center staff. Also to have a Forecast for 2014 is very helpful (although we realize that they are subject to change!). It was also helpful to speak with OAGS staff. The matchmaking with large businesses was fruitful. At the end of the day, I felt like I made some real connections and can better position HRA to respond to upcoming FDA opportunities.
Thank you again for putting together a program that was useful and informative and, most importantly, that allowed for real conversations with primes, FDA technical and contracts staff and other small businesses. It was a good day!
Lisa Swanberg, MSLS, PMP
Health Research and Analysis
7475 Wisconsin Ave., Suite 525
Bethesda, MD 20814