Technical Information Specialist
Description of duties:
- Develops and implements a quality system approach to information systems and technology.
- Manages the security, integrity, tracking, and accuracy of the electronic records program for regulatory and scientific documents.
- Supports program areas on a variety of special projects by performing research on a wide range of material and information.
- Conducts studies and analyzes data to generate special reports.
- Organizes, indexes, and disseminates information necessary for the support and tracking of projects.
- Develops and maintains an archiving system of information in electronic databases.
GS-12: At least one year of specialized experience, equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-11 level or higher in the Federal service that included providing technical guidance to office personnel in the use of database systems; evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of data storage and reporting systems; developing and maintaining a computer tracking, filing, and retrieval system; and using an automated system to extract data to produce computer reports.
Grade (Salary) Level:
Federal General Schedule (GS) grade levels at which Technical Information Specialist positions are commonly filled are:
- GS-12 at the headquarters and field levels
Technical Information Specialists are located at HQ (suburban Washington, D.C.) and in facilities throughout the U.S.