1) What airports should I fly to when attending a meeting at FDA's White Oak Campus?
The White Oak Campus is located at 10903 New Hampshire Ave, Silver Spring, MD, 20993 and is accessible by three major airports: Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI), Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) and Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD).
2) How do I get from the airport to the White Oak Campus?
Meeting attendees have several ground transportation options to White Oak, which is located in
3) If I take the Metro to the
There is a "Ride-On Bus” route 22, which is operated by the
4) If the meeting I am attending requires me to stay overnight, are there hotels near the Campus?
Yes, there are several, including:
§ Silver Spring Residence Inn (Marriott),
§ Crowne Plaza Hotel,
5) If I choose to rent a car and drive, is the address able to be found via GPS?
6) When I get to the Campus where do I park and where do I enter the Campus?
There are several buildings on the Campus, many of them are not accessible to visitors. All meeting participants must enter though Building 1 where they will go through the routine security check procedures for building entry. A visitor badge and escort are not required to attend a public meeting in the Great Room, where most meetings are held.
Parking is available in the SE Quadrant Surface
7) Are there restaurants nearby? Are there refreshments available at the meeting?
There is a refreshment stand right outside of the meeting space where light refreshments and sandwiches can be purchased. Attendees should be aware, however, that there is no on-campus dining for visitors. Meeting participants wishing to have a sit-down breakfast, lunch or dinner are encouraged to enjoy any of the many restaurants located within close driving distance of the Campus. However, they should also factor in the additional time it takes to leave and return to the Campus.
8) How do I find out more details about directions, transportation and other logistical considerations, including a Campus map?
Take a look at the additional informational links on this website.
9) I am a reporter. What do I need to know?
Accessing the public meetings held at the White Oak Campus does not require an FDA escort. However, when public meetings end, it is important to know that non-FDA personnel are required to leave the premises at the conclusion of the event. Reporters should not plan on filing their stories from the Campus after the meeting, for example. If you are a reporter and you feel you will need to stay on Campus for any reason after a meeting has concluded, you are encouraged to contact one of the Agency’s Press Officers.
Also, please remember to sign the press registration sheet before entering a meeting room. The FDA asks that you not approach workshop participants while their meetings are in progress. Please refrain from any flash photography or TV camera lights while the meetings are in session. Contact an FDA Press Officer to arrange for an interview with any FDA speakers presenting at an event.
10) What if I can’t physically attend the meeting, but need to view it?
Meetings that are held at White Oak are webcast live and recordings are accessible for a limited time following the conclusion of a meeting. Participants should check meeting notices on the FDA Advisory Committee website for webcast links. Consult with a Press Officer for assistance in accessing archived webcasts.
11) Who can I call if I have a question not addressed in this Q & A?
Alyssa Bloom at the FDA at 301-796-5172, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert Perry at the FDA at 301-796-5105, or via email at email@example.com
Steven Bryant at the FDA at 301-796-2314, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org