• Decrease font size
  • Return font size to normal
  • Increase font size
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services

About FDA

  • Print
  • Share
  • E-mail

Information Pertaining to 1099s for Corporations

The Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997, which was enacted on August 5, 1997, will have a major impact on Federal executive agencies and the vendors with which they do business. Section 1022 of the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997 imposes new information return reporting requirements on these agencies. It revises Internal Revenue Code Section 6041A.


Formerly, payments to corporations were excluded from the information return reporting requirements. Now Federal executive agencies must file information returns (i.e. Form 1099-Misc) for payments of $600 or more to corporations for services (including parts and materials). Payments for services under certain confidential or classified contracts that meet the requirements of Internal Revenue Code Section 6050M(e) are excluded from the reporting requirements. This change is effective for the tax year 1997.


Form 1099-Misc. is required to be sent to corporations at the same time that W-2s are required.


If you receive a 1099 from the FDA and you have questions about it, please contact the Accounting Reports Office of the FDA at 301-827-5005. For further information you can log onto the IRS web site: http://www.irs.ustreas.gov.


IRS Forms and Instructions - Internal Revenue Service Link