Reports on the proposals released for public comment and progress made in the implementation of the FDA's Transparency Initiative
Public Disclosure Policies
On May 19, 2010, the Transparency Task Force released a report containing 21 draft proposals about expanding the disclosure of information by FDA while maintaining confidentiality for trade secrets and individually identifiable patient information.
- Phase II Transparency Report: Public Disclosure Policy
- Summary of Phase II
- Progress Report of Phase II
Transparency to Regulated Industry
On January 6, 2011, FDA released a report containing 19 action items and five draft proposals to improve transparency to regulated industry.
- Phase III Transparency Report: Improving Transparency to Regulated Industry
- Summary of Phase III
- Progress Report of Phase III
Good Guidance Practices
In December 2011, FDA issued a report focused on improving the transparency and efficiency of the Agency's guidance development processes.
- Report on Good Guidance Practices: Improving Efficiency and Transparency
- Fact Sheet: FDA Good Guidance Practices
Increasing Access to Compliance and Enforcement Data
On October 3, 2011, FDA released a new report that contains eight draft proposals to improve access to FDA's compliance and enforcement data.
- Draft Proposals for Public Comment to Increase Transparency By Promoting Greater Access to the Agency's Compliance and Enforcement Data
On January 31, 2012, FDA released a new transparency report on eight proposed initiatives to explore avenues for making FDA’s compliance and enforcement data more accessible and user-friendly.
On April 22, 2014, FDA released a report recommending ways to enhance the transparency and public accessibility of the Agency’s compliance and enforcement data.