Do you know that some common over-the-counter (OTC) medicines may cause drowsiness or impair your driving?
Some of the OTC medications that can cause drowsiness and impair driving may surprise you.
FDA’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) hosted a 30-minute webinar to communicate these risks.
The featured speaker, Dr. Ali Mohamadi, a medical officer on CDER’s Professional Affairs and Stakeholder Engagement staff, discussed OTC medicines that can cause drowsiness or impair driving. Also, he explained how to read the label on over-the-counter medicines to see if it is safe to drive.
OTC Medicines and Driving
Adobe Connect link
- Over-The-Counter Medicines and Driving (PDF - 2.5MB)
Download Presentation Slides
Ask Us: FDA Basics Webinar Series Ask Us: FDA Basics Webinar Series
- Has Stevia been approved by FDA to be used as a sweetener?
- FDA Basics Webinar: FDA's MedWatch Program: Voluntarily Reporting Problems to the FDA
- What can I do to help ensure I do not receive or take counterfeit medicine?
- Is there lead in lipstick?
- Vaccines for Use During Pregnancy to Protect Young Infants from Disease – FDA Update
- FDA Basics Webinar: Practice the art of sun protection
- FDA Basics Webinar: "Mini-Sentinel," FDA's New Tool for Monitoring the Safety of FDA-Approved Medical Products
- FDA Basics Webinar - April 27, 2015: Drug Trials Snapshots
- FDA Webinar on Prescription Drug Shortages
- When previously recalled products are back on the shelves, how can I be sure that it is okay to buy them?
- What do consumers need to know about the recall of shell eggs?
- What is FDA Basics for Industry?
- FDA Basics Webinar- August 31, 2015: Food Safety: Bad Weather Basics
- July: CBER's Direct Recall Classification Program
- FDA Basics Webinar, June 17, 2013: Biological Products: Part 1
- Is it true that "OTC (Over the Counter)" products can prevent SIDS?
- FDA's Pesticide Program
- Recall Process for FDA-Regulated Products
- Where can I find information about adverse reactions to a medicine prescribed for my child?
- Where can I find information about medicines prescribed for my child?
- FDA Webinar on Protecting Your Child's Health Through Safe and Effective Vaccines
- FDA Webinar on Safety of the Blood Supply
- How did the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act come about?
- Materials from Webinar on Access to Investigational Drugs
- How do I find the latest information on the Web site? How do I sign up for e-mails and alerts?