Webinar Friday, May 23 - Packing A Healthy Lunch
School is just about over and summer fun season will soon begin. Kids from pre-school through high school will be going to little people centers, sports and aquatic camps, craft camps, Lego camps drama camps, outdoor exploration camps, encountering new interests or pursuing established ones. The one constant? They will have to have lunch, and with all this activity, it needs to be a healthy lunch.
Because absorbing information and expending energy depletes the body of nutrients, it’s critical to refuel children’s nutrient supplies at lunchtime. Besides, most people’s eating habits are acquired during childhood, so healthy lunches can play an important role in training kids to make smart nutritional choices throughout their lives.
Moderator: Marjorie Davidson, Ph.D., of CFSAN’s Education Team will moderate the presentation
Featured Speaker: Leila Beker, Ph.D., RDN of CFSAN’s Office of Nutrition Labeling and Dietary Supplements
To view the webinar, please visit: https://collaboration.fda.gov/p91rdg7i3au/ .
Presentation Slides (PDF: 1.1MB)
Watch more FDA Basics Webinars - a series of online sessions hosted by different FDA centers and offices. The series is part of FDA Basics, a Web-based resource aimed at helping the public better understand what FDA does.
- FDA Basics Webinar: FDA CBER Mini-Sentinel Program
- FDA's MedWatch Program: Voluntarily Reporting Problems to the FDA
- FDA Basics Webinar - November 24, 2014: Drug Shortages
- FDA Basics Webinar June 30, 2014: Over-The-Counter Medicines and Driving
- Webinar Friday, May 23 - Packing A Healthy Lunch
- Webinar Tuesday, May 13 - Temporary Tattoos: Raising Consumer Awareness of Safety
- FDA Basics Webinar November 5, 2014: CVM’s Pet Food Reporting and Recall Process
- FDA Basics Metrics: October 2014
- FDA Basics Metrics: Septemeber 2014
- Who can I contact if my question wasn’t answered or if I have additional questions in the future?
- What Should I Do If I See Violations of FDA’s Tobacco Products Rules?
- FDA Basics Metrics: August 2014
- FDA Basics Metrics: July 2014
- FDA Basics Metrics: June 2014
- Where do I go to report problems with flea and tick products?
- What does FDA regulate?
- FDA Basics Metrics: May 2014
- FDA Basics Metrics: April 2014
- Who can I contact if my question wasn’t answered or I have additional questions in the future?
- FDA Basics Metrics: March 2014
- FDA Basics Metrics: February 2014
- What is the Reportable Food Registry?
- How do I report a complaint about food bought in a supermarket?
- What Rules Apply to Persons that Want to Start a Food Business?
- Is "over the counter (OTC)" medication safe for my child?
How helpful was this information?