School is just about over and summer fun season will soon begin. Kids from pre-school through high school will be going to little people centers, sports and aquatic camps, craft camps, Lego camps drama camps, outdoor exploration camps, encountering new interests or pursuing established ones. The one constant? They will have to have lunch, and with all this activity, it needs to be a healthy lunch.
Because absorbing information and expending energy depletes the body of nutrients, it’s critical to refuel children’s nutrient supplies at lunchtime. Besides, most people’s eating habits are acquired during childhood, so healthy lunches can play an important role in training kids to make smart nutritional choices throughout their lives.
Moderator: Marjorie Davidson, Ph.D., of CFSAN’s Education Team will moderate the presentation
Featured Speaker: Leila Beker, Ph.D., RDN of CFSAN’s Office of Nutrition Labeling and Dietary Supplements
To view the webinar, please visit: https://collaboration.fda.gov/p91rdg7i3au/.
Presentation Slides (PDF: 1.1MB)
Watch more FDA Basics Webinars - a series of online sessions hosted by different FDA centers and offices. The series is part of FDA Basics, a Web-based resource aimed at helping the public better understand what FDA does.
- FDA Basics Webinar: FDA's MedWatch Program: Voluntarily Reporting Problems to the FDA
- What can I do to help ensure I do not receive or take counterfeit medicine?
- Vaccines for Use During Pregnancy to Protect Young Infants from Disease – FDA Update
- FDA Basics Webinar: Practice the art of sun protection
- FDA Basics Webinar: "Mini-Sentinel," FDA's New Tool for Monitoring the Safety of FDA-Approved Medical Products
- FDA Basics Webinar - April 27, 2015: Drug Trials Snapshots
- FDA Webinar on Prescription Drug Shortages
- When previously recalled products are back on the shelves, how can I be sure that it is okay to buy them?
- What do consumers need to know about the recall of shell eggs?
- What is FDA Basics for Industry?
- FDA Basics Webinar- August 31, 2015: Food Safety: Bad Weather Basics
- July: CBER's Direct Recall Classification Program
- FDA Basics Webinar, June 17, 2013: Biological Products: Part 1
- Is it true that "OTC (Over the Counter)" products can prevent SIDS?
- FDA's Pesticide Program
- Recall Process for FDA-Regulated Products
- Where can I find information about adverse reactions to a medicine prescribed for my child?
- Where can I find information about medicines prescribed for my child?
- FDA Webinar on Protecting Your Child's Health Through Safe and Effective Vaccines
- FDA Webinar on Safety of the Blood Supply
- How did the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act come about?
- Materials from Webinar on Access to Investigational Drugs
- How do I find the latest information on the Web site? How do I sign up for e-mails and alerts?
- What is a docket? How do I submit comments to a docket? How do I find comments submitted to a docket?
- Can I buy medical products online? How do I know they're safe?