Webinar Friday, May 23 - Packing A Healthy Lunch
School is just about over and summer fun season will soon begin. Kids from pre-school through high school will be going to little people centers, sports and aquatic camps, craft camps, Lego camps drama camps, outdoor exploration camps, encountering new interests or pursuing established ones. The one constant? They will have to have lunch, and with all this activity, it needs to be a healthy lunch.
Because absorbing information and expending energy depletes the body of nutrients, it’s critical to refuel children’s nutrient supplies at lunchtime. Besides, most people’s eating habits are acquired during childhood, so healthy lunches can play an important role in training kids to make smart nutritional choices throughout their lives.
Moderator: Marjorie Davidson, Ph.D., of CFSAN’s Education Team will moderate the presentation
Featured Speaker: Leila Beker, Ph.D., RDN of CFSAN’s Office of Nutrition Labeling and Dietary Supplements
To view the webinar, please visit: https://collaboration.fda.gov/p91rdg7i3au/ .
Presentation Slides (PDF: 1.1MB)
Watch more FDA Basics Webinars - a series of online sessions hosted by different FDA centers and offices. The series is part of FDA Basics, a Web-based resource aimed at helping the public better understand what FDA does.
- FDA Basics Webinar - April 27, 2015: Drug Trials Snapshots
- Webinar Friday, May 23 - Packing A Healthy Lunch
- How can I share my ideas and suggestions with FDA?
- FDA Basic Video: Terry Toigo Talks About Helping Patients and their Families (Video)
- Where should I go to find consumer information on www.FDA.gov?
- Does FDA regulate dietary supplements for animals?
- Webinar: 20 Years Later – Returning to FDA to Regulate Tobacco
- Connect with Us: Using FDAs Digital Tools to Present, Participate and Personalize Tobacco Information
- FDA Center for Tobacco Products Inaugural Year and Looking Forward
- FDA Basics Metrics: February 2015
- FDA Basics Metrics: January 2015
- What are Veterinary Biologics (including vaccines) and is FDA responsible for these products?
- FDA Basics Metrics: December 2014
- FDA Basics Webinar: FDA CBER Mini-Sentinel Program
- Recall Process for FDA-Regulated Products
- FDA Basics Metrics: November 2014
- FDA Basics Webinar - November 24, 2014: Drug Shortages
- FDA's MedWatch Program: Voluntarily Reporting Problems to the FDA
- FDA Basics Webinar June 30, 2014: Over-The-Counter Medicines and Driving
- Webinar Tuesday, May 13 - Temporary Tattoos: Raising Consumer Awareness of Safety
- FDA Basics Webinar November 5, 2014: CVM’s Pet Food Reporting and Recall Process
- FDA Basics Metrics: October 2014
- FDA Basics Metrics: Septemeber 2014
- Who can I contact if my question wasn’t answered or if I have additional questions in the future?
- What Should I Do If I See Violations of FDA’s Tobacco Products Rules?
Rate this page
If you would like to ask a specific question, please visit our "Contact Us" page for more information about how to contact FDA.