Summer vacation is on the way. Time to pack your swim suit, hit the beach, and perhaps indulge in a little harmless fun. How about getting a temporary tattoo to mark the occasion? What’s the harm?
Just because a tattoo is temporary, however, doesn't mean it’s risk free. Some consumers report reactions that may be severe and long outlast the temporary tattoos themselves. The risk varies, depending on what’s in the ink. In this webinar, you will learn about different kinds of temporary tattoos and important safety information.
The webinar was presented by chemist Bhakti Petigara Harp, Ph.D., and epidemiologist Katherine Hollinger, D.V.M., M.P.H. Chemist John Gasper, B.S., M.A., J.D. moderated the presentation. All three are with FDA’s Office of Cosmetics and Colors (OCAC).
- Moderator: John Gasper, B.S., M.A., J.D.. a chemist with OCAC's Cosmetics Division.
- Featured Speakers: Bhakti Petigara Harp, Ph.D., a chemist with OCAC's Colors Technology Team, and Katherine Hollinger, D.V.M, M.P.H., an epidemiologist with OCAC's Cosmetics Division
This webinar was held Tuesday, May 13, 2014, at 3:00 Eastern Time.
Watch more FDA Basics Webinars - a series of online sessions hosted by different FDA centers and offices. The series is part of FDA Basics, a Web-based resource aimed at helping the public better understand what FDA does.
- When previously recalled products are back on the shelves, how can I be sure that it is okay to buy them?
- What do consumers need to know about the recall of shell eggs?
- What is FDA Basics for Industry?
- FDA Basics Webinar- August 31, 2015: Food Safety: Bad Weather Basics
- July: CBER's Direct Recall Classification Program
- FDA Basics Webinar, June 17, 2013: Biological Products: Part 1
- Is it true that "OTC (Over the Counter)" products can prevent SIDS?
- FDA's Pesticide Program
- Recall Process for FDA-Regulated Products
- Where can I find information about adverse reactions to a medicine prescribed for my child?
- Where can I find information about medicines prescribed for my child?
- FDA Basics Webinar: "Mini-Sentinel," FDA's New Tool for Monitoring the Safety of FDA-Approved Medical Products
- FDA Webinar on Protecting Your Child's Health Through Safe and Effective Vaccines
- FDA Webinar on Safety of the Blood Supply
- How did the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act come about?
- Materials from Webinar on Access to Investigational Drugs
- How do I find the latest information on the Web site? How do I sign up for e-mails and alerts?
- What is a docket? How do I submit comments to a docket? How do I find comments submitted to a docket?
- Can I buy medical products online? How do I know they're safe?
- FDA Basics Webinar - April 27, 2015: Drug Trials Snapshots
- FDA Basics Webinar: FDA CBER Mini-Sentinel Program
- FDA Basics Webinar - November 24, 2014: Drug Shortages
- FDA Basics Webinar: Role of FDA in HIV Diagnosis
- FDA's MedWatch Program: Voluntarily Reporting Problems to the FDA
- FDA Basics Webinar June 30, 2014: Over-The-Counter Medicines and Driving