Summer vacation is on the way. Time to pack your swim suit, hit the beach, and perhaps indulge in a little harmless fun. How about getting a temporary tattoo to mark the occasion? What’s the harm?
Just because a tattoo is temporary, however, doesn't mean it’s risk free. Some consumers report reactions that may be severe and long outlast the temporary tattoos themselves. The risk varies, depending on what’s in the ink. In this webinar, you will learn about different kinds of temporary tattoos and important safety information.
The webinar was presented by chemist Bhakti Petigara Harp, Ph.D., and epidemiologist Katherine Hollinger, D.V.M., M.P.H. Chemist John Gasper, B.S., M.A., J.D. moderated the presentation. All three are with FDA’s Office of Cosmetics and Colors (OCAC).
- What is a biological product?
- Upcoming Webinar-Food Safety: Bad Weather Basics
- July: CBER's Direct Recall Classification Program
- Webinar on FDA’s Safety Monitoring of Approved Vaccines
- What part of FDA regulates tobacco products?
- FDA Basics – OCTGT Webinar on Tissue Safety
- FDA Webinar on Safety of the Blood Supply
- FDA Webinar on Protecting Your Child's Health Through Safe and Effective Vaccines
- What are stem cells? How are they regulated?
- FDA Basics Webinar: State Enforcement Program
- How does FDA plan to enforce the restrictions on promotion and advertising established by the Tobacco Control Act?
- Does FDA have the authority to regulate tobacco products?
- What are the priorities of the Center for Tobacco Products?
- What is the main goal in regulating tobacco products?
- What products are considered to be tobacco products as defined by the tobacco control act?
- What products are not considered to be tobacco products as defined by the tobacco control act?
- Is FDA going to ban tobacco?
- How does the regulation of tobacco products differ from FDA’s regulation of drugs or medical devices?
- What are some of the key regulatory timelines associated with the tobacco control act?
- What will FDA do to curb tobacco use among children and adolescents?
- What are the new Regulations Restricting the Sale and Distribution of Cigarettes and Smokeless Tobacco to Protect Children and Adolescents?
- What are FDA’s Regulations for Flavored Tobacco?
- What safety information is available for FDA-regulated medical products and foods?
- What Should I Do If I See Violations of FDA’s Tobacco Products Rules?
- How do I report a problem with an FDA-regulated product?
Rate this page
If you would like to ask a specific question, please visit our "Contact Us" page for more information about how to contact FDA.