What Rules Apply to Persons that Want to Start a Food Business?
If you are thinking about opening a food business, there are many regulatory requirements that you will need to meet. Some of these requirements apply to all food businesses, and some are specific to the particular food product, such as low-acid canned food, seafood, or juice.
For more information, please see How to Start a Food Business.
- How do the activities of USDA's Food Safety Inspection Service differ from the activities of FDA's Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition?
- FDA Basics Webinar - Using a Food Label to Make Smart Food Choices
- Has Stevia been approved by FDA to be used as a sweetener?
- How do I report a complaint about food bought in a supermarket?
- FDA's Pesticide Program
- FDA Basics Webinar: Picnic Food Safety, How Safe is Your Picnic?
- How do I report a complaint about restaurant food?
- How does FDA recommend washing fruits and vegetables?
- What refined Stevia preparations have been evaluated by FDA to be used as a sweetener?
- What is the meaning of 'natural' on the label of food?
- How long can food that is supposed to be refrigerated stay outside of the refrigerator and still be safe to eat?
- What are the different types of fat that a food can contain? How are they different?
- Which foods should I stay away from during pregnancy?
- What should I do if I have a serious reaction (side effect) to a dietary supplement?
- Who makes sure the food I buy at the grocery store is safe to eat?
- Why do we still have food recalls and outbreaks of food-related illness?
- What Rules Apply to Persons that Want to Start a Food Business?
- How long can I keep my food in the refrigerator/on the shelf?
- Is Stevia an 'FDA approved' sweetener?
- What is the Reportable Food Registry?
- If a food is labeled "organic" according to the USDA, is it still subject to the laws and regulations enforced by FDA?
- How often does FDA inspect food manufacturing facilities?
- Why isn't the amount of caffeine a product contains required on a food label?
- Does FDA inspect grocery stores, restaurants, or dollar stores?
- Does FDA have a definition for the term "organic" on food labels?
Rate this page
If you would like to ask a specific question, please visit our "Contact Us" page for more information about how to contact FDA.