What Rules Apply to Persons that Want to Start a Food Business?
If you are thinking about opening a food business, there are many regulatory requirements that you will need to meet. Some of these requirements apply to all food businesses, and some are specific to the particular food product, such as low-acid canned food, seafood, or juice.
For more information, please see How to Start a Food Business.
- FDA Basics Metrics: February 2015
- FDA Basics Metrics: January 2015
- FDA Basics Webinar - November 24, 2014: Drug Shortages
- FDA's MedWatch Program: Voluntarily Reporting Problems to the FDA
- What is the Reportable Food Registry?
- How do I report a complaint about food bought in a supermarket?
- What Rules Apply to Persons that Want to Start a Food Business?
- Is "over the counter (OTC)" medication safe for my child?
- FDA Basics Metrics: August 2013
- FDA Basics Metrics: September 2013
- What is the FDA doing to protect children from tobacco?
- Does FDA have any other food safety materials?
- FDA Basics Webinar: Picnic Food Safety, How Safe is Your Picnic?
- Upcoming Webinar Tuesday, March 19th - Buyer Beware:The Risks and Dangers of Purchasing Drugs Online
- FDA Basics Metrics: February 2013
- What device can I use to monitor the blood sugar level in my child?
- Is it true that "OTC ( Over the Counter)" products can prevent SIDS?
- How can you detect lead levels in your child?
- Is it safe for your child to use a cell phone?
- What should parents be aware of before administering medication to a child?
- How does the FDA collect vaccine safety information?
- What is the role of FDA's Office of Orphan Product Development and Office of New Drugs?
- What are the potential risks to my child after exposure to radiological imaging?
- FDA's Pesticide Program
- Does FDA have a definition for the term "organic" on food labels?
How helpful was this information?