Webinar: 20 Years Later – Returning to FDA to Regulate Tobacco
You may know that Mitch Zeller became the Center for Tobacco Products’ Director in March 2013. What you may not know is that he has been working on FDA issues for 30 years! Consider this your invitation to learn even more about CTP’s new director, via a special FDA Basics webinar on December 11, 2013.
In the webinar, you will learn more about Director Zeller’s background and hear his thoughts on key opportunities for FDA to help reduce the burden of tobacco through product regulation. The webinar will be moderated by CTP’s Director of Health Communication and Education, Kathy Crosby, and will allow for questions and answers at the end of the presentation.
To prepare you for what will unfold in the webinar, take a look at CTP’s goals and priorities and start thinking of any questions you may want to ask Mr. Zeller.
CTP’s tobacco product regulation public health goals:
- Prevent youth tobacco initiation
- Encourage adults who use tobacco to quit
- Reduce product harms and addictiveness
- Develop a science base and continue meaningful product regulation to reduce the toll of tobacco-related disease, disability and death
As you can see, CTP has a lot of information to share with you. So book this date and time in your calendar now—Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at 2:00 p.m. EST — and don’t miss what is sure to be an informative presentation!
- Webinar: 20 Years Later – Returning to FDA to Regulate Tobacco
- What doesn’t FDA regulate? How do I contact the agencies that do?
- FDA Basics Metrics: October 2013
- FDA Basics Metrics: August 2013
- FDA Basics Metrics: September 2013
- FDA Webinar on Tattoos and Permanent Makeup
- FDA Basics Webinar August 19, 2013: Biological Products, Part 2: Biosimilar Biological Products
- FDA Basics Metrics : June 2013
- FDA Basics Metrics: July 2013
- July: CBER's Direct Recall Classification Program
- Webinar on FDA’s Safety Monitoring of Approved Vaccines
- What is the FDA doing to protect children from tobacco?
- Can you explain the approval process for animal drugs?
- Does FDA have any other food safety materials?
- FDA Basics Webinar, June 17, 2013: Biological Products: Part 1
- What is the difference between the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act), FDA regulations, and FDA guidance?
- FDA Basics Metrics: July 2011
- FDA Basics Metrics: June 2011
- FDA Basics Metrics: May 2011
- FDA Basic Video: Dianne Murphy Discusses Effective and Proper Uses of Medicines and Devices in Children (Video)
- FDA Basics Metrics: March 2011
- FDA Basic Video: Terry Toigo Talks About Helping Patients and their Families (Video)
- What should I do if I have a serious reaction (side effect) to a cosmetic product?
- FDA Basics Webinar: Picnic Food Safety, How Safe is Your Picnic?
- FDA Basics Metrics: May 2013
How helpful was this information?