Webinar: 20 Years Later – Returning to FDA to Regulate Tobacco
You may know that Mitch Zeller became the Center for Tobacco Products’ Director in March 2013. What you may not know is that he has been working on FDA issues for 30 years! Consider this your invitation to learn even more about CTP’s new director, via a special FDA Basics webinar that was recorded on December 11, 2013.
In the webinar, you will learn more about Director Zeller’s background and hear his thoughts on key opportunities for FDA to help reduce the burden of tobacco through product regulation. The webinar was moderated by CTP’s Director of Health Communication and Education, Kathy Crosby, and also includes a question and answer portion at the end of the presentation.
CTP’s tobacco product regulation public health goals:
- Prevent youth tobacco initiation
- Encourage adults who use tobacco to quit
- Reduce product harms and addictiveness
- Develop a science base and continue meaningful product regulation to reduce the toll of tobacco-related disease, disability and death
- FDA Basics Webinar - April 27, 2015: Drug Trials Snapshots
- Webinar Friday, May 23 - Packing A Healthy Lunch
- How can I share my ideas and suggestions with FDA?
- FDA Basic Video: Terry Toigo Talks About Helping Patients and their Families (Video)
- Where should I go to find consumer information on www.FDA.gov?
- Does FDA regulate dietary supplements for animals?
- Webinar: 20 Years Later – Returning to FDA to Regulate Tobacco
- Connect with Us: Using FDAs Digital Tools to Present, Participate and Personalize Tobacco Information
- FDA Center for Tobacco Products Inaugural Year and Looking Forward
- FDA Basics Metrics: February 2015
- FDA Basics Metrics: January 2015
- What are Veterinary Biologics (including vaccines) and is FDA responsible for these products?
- FDA Basics Metrics: December 2014
- FDA Basics Webinar: FDA CBER Mini-Sentinel Program
- Recall Process for FDA-Regulated Products
- FDA Basics Metrics: November 2014
- FDA Basics Webinar - November 24, 2014: Drug Shortages
- FDA's MedWatch Program: Voluntarily Reporting Problems to the FDA
- FDA Basics Webinar June 30, 2014: Over-The-Counter Medicines and Driving
- Webinar Tuesday, May 13 - Temporary Tattoos: Raising Consumer Awareness of Safety
- FDA Basics Webinar November 5, 2014: CVM’s Pet Food Reporting and Recall Process
- FDA Basics Metrics: October 2014
- FDA Basics Metrics: Septemeber 2014
- Who can I contact if my question wasn’t answered or if I have additional questions in the future?
- What Should I Do If I See Violations of FDA’s Tobacco Products Rules?
How helpful was this information?