Webinar: 20 Years Later – Returning to FDA to Regulate Tobacco
You may know that Mitch Zeller became the Center for Tobacco Products’ Director in March 2013. What you may not know is that he has been working on FDA issues for 30 years! Consider this your invitation to learn even more about CTP’s new director, via a special FDA Basics webinar that was recorded on December 11, 2013.
In the webinar, you will learn more about Director Zeller’s background and hear his thoughts on key opportunities for FDA to help reduce the burden of tobacco through product regulation. The webinar was moderated by CTP’s Director of Health Communication and Education, Kathy Crosby, and also includes a question and answer portion at the end of the presentation.
CTP’s tobacco product regulation public health goals:
- Prevent youth tobacco initiation
- Encourage adults who use tobacco to quit
- Reduce product harms and addictiveness
- Develop a science base and continue meaningful product regulation to reduce the toll of tobacco-related disease, disability and death
- Has Stevia been approved by FDA to be used as a sweetener?
- FDA Basics Webinar: FDA's MedWatch Program: Voluntarily Reporting Problems to the FDA
- What can I do to help ensure I do not receive or take counterfeit medicine?
- Is there lead in lipstick?
- Vaccines for Use During Pregnancy to Protect Young Infants from Disease – FDA Update
- FDA Basics Webinar: Practice the art of sun protection
- FDA Basics Webinar: "Mini-Sentinel," FDA's New Tool for Monitoring the Safety of FDA-Approved Medical Products
- FDA Basics Webinar - April 27, 2015: Drug Trials Snapshots
- FDA Webinar on Prescription Drug Shortages
- When previously recalled products are back on the shelves, how can I be sure that it is okay to buy them?
- What do consumers need to know about the recall of shell eggs?
- What is FDA Basics for Industry?
- FDA Basics Webinar- August 31, 2015: Food Safety: Bad Weather Basics
- July: CBER's Direct Recall Classification Program
- FDA Basics Webinar, June 17, 2013: Biological Products: Part 1
- Is it true that "OTC (Over the Counter)" products can prevent SIDS?
- FDA's Pesticide Program
- Recall Process for FDA-Regulated Products
- Where can I find information about adverse reactions to a medicine prescribed for my child?
- Where can I find information about medicines prescribed for my child?
- FDA Webinar on Protecting Your Child's Health Through Safe and Effective Vaccines
- FDA Webinar on Safety of the Blood Supply
- How did the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act come about?
- Materials from Webinar on Access to Investigational Drugs
- How do I find the latest information on the Web site? How do I sign up for e-mails and alerts?