Webinar: 20 Years Later – Returning to FDA to Regulate Tobacco
You may know that Mitch Zeller became the Center for Tobacco Products’ Director in March 2013. What you may not know is that he has been working on FDA issues for 30 years! Consider this your invitation to learn even more about CTP’s new director, via a special FDA Basics webinar that was recorded on December 11, 2013.
In the webinar, you will learn more about Director Zeller’s background and hear his thoughts on key opportunities for FDA to help reduce the burden of tobacco through product regulation. The webinar was moderated by CTP’s Director of Health Communication and Education, Kathy Crosby, and also includes a question and answer portion at the end of the presentation.
CTP’s tobacco product regulation public health goals:
- Prevent youth tobacco initiation
- Encourage adults who use tobacco to quit
- Reduce product harms and addictiveness
- Develop a science base and continue meaningful product regulation to reduce the toll of tobacco-related disease, disability and death
- What do consumers need to know about the recall of shell eggs?
- What should I do if I have a serious reaction (side effect) to a cosmetic product?
- When previously recalled products are back on the shelves, how can I be sure that it is okay to buy them?
- FDA Basics Webinar - September 23, 2015: The National Antimicrobial Resistance Monitoring System (NARMS): Protecting the American Public from Foodborne Illness
- How does FDA recommend washing fruits and vegetables?
- How long can I keep my food in the refrigerator/on the shelf?
- What is FDA doing to lower/reduce the risk of childhood obesity?
- Food Allergies: Is my child at risk?
- How does FDA provide information about drug products currently under review for approval by the agency?
- Why are some drugs available as both a prescription and an over-the-counter drug?
- FDA Basics Webinar August 19, 2013: Biological Products, Part 2: Biosimilar Biological Products
- FDA Basics Webinar, June 17, 2013: Biological Products: Part 1
- FDA Basics Webinar on Advice to Dog Owners Whose Pets Take NSAIDS
- FDA Basics Webinar- August 31, 2015: Food Safety: Bad Weather Basics
- What is a biological product?
- July: CBER's Direct Recall Classification Program
- Webinar on FDA’s Safety Monitoring of Approved Vaccines
- What part of FDA regulates tobacco products?
- FDA Basics – OCTGT Webinar on Tissue Safety
- FDA Webinar on Safety of the Blood Supply
- FDA Webinar on Protecting Your Child's Health Through Safe and Effective Vaccines
- What are stem cells? How are they regulated?
- FDA Basics Webinar: State Enforcement Program
- How does FDA plan to enforce the restrictions on promotion and advertising established by the Tobacco Control Act?
- Does FDA have the authority to regulate tobacco products?
How helpful was this information?