Webinar: 20 Years Later – Returning to FDA to Regulate Tobacco
You may know that Mitch Zeller became the Center for Tobacco Products’ Director in March 2013. What you may not know is that he has been working on FDA issues for 30 years! Consider this your invitation to learn even more about CTP’s new director, via a special FDA Basics webinar that was recorded on December 11, 2013.
In the webinar, you will learn more about Director Zeller’s background and hear his thoughts on key opportunities for FDA to help reduce the burden of tobacco through product regulation. The webinar was moderated by CTP’s Director of Health Communication and Education, Kathy Crosby, and also includes a question and answer portion at the end of the presentation.
CTP’s tobacco product regulation public health goals:
- Prevent youth tobacco initiation
- Encourage adults who use tobacco to quit
- Reduce product harms and addictiveness
- Develop a science base and continue meaningful product regulation to reduce the toll of tobacco-related disease, disability and death
- FDA Basics Metrics: February 2014
- What is the Reportable Food Registry?
- How do I report a complaint about food bought in a supermarket?
- What Rules Apply to Persons that Want to Start a Food Business?
- Is "over the counter (OTC)" medication safe for my child?
- FDA Basics Metrics: January 2014
- What does FDA inspect?
- When and why was FDA formed?
- What is a biological product?
- FDA Basics Metrics: December 2013
- FDA Basics Metrics: November 2013
- Webinar: 20 Years Later – Returning to FDA to Regulate Tobacco
- What doesn’t FDA regulate? How do I contact the agencies that do?
- FDA Basics Metrics: October 2013
- FDA Basics Metrics: August 2013
- FDA Basics Metrics: September 2013
- FDA Webinar on Tattoos and Permanent Makeup
- FDA Basics Webinar August 19, 2013: Biological Products, Part 2: Biosimilar Biological Products
- FDA Basics Metrics : June 2013
- FDA Basics Metrics: July 2013
- July: CBER's Direct Recall Classification Program
- Webinar on FDA’s Safety Monitoring of Approved Vaccines
- What is the FDA doing to protect children from tobacco?
- Can you explain the approval process for animal drugs?
- Does FDA have any other food safety materials?
How helpful was this information?