July: CBER's Direct Recall Classification Program
DATE: July 25, 2013
TIME: 2:00pm EDT
LENGTH: 30 minutes
Do you know the vital role that FDA plays in product recalls and how the Direct Recall Classification program gets recall information to consumers in a more timely manner?
Consumers are impacted by FDA-regulated products every day. Conducting a recall is an effective way for a firm to remove or correct a violative, and possibly dangerous, product from the market. FDA advises firms on their recall strategies and monitors their recall to determine whether it is effective. FDA also publicizes recalls so consumers and health professionals can find out what types of products are being recalled.
On Thursday, July 25th, FDA hosted a webinar that explains the Direct Recall Classification (DRC) program and its importance to consumers. Laura Hieronymus, Senior Recall Coordinator with the Office of Compliance and Biologics Quality in FDA’s Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, discussed the importance of timely recall information for consumers and the impact DRC has had on speeding up the information flow between industry and FDA.
After the presentation, there was an opportunity to ask questions.
Webinar Slides: CBER’s Direct Recall Classification Program
View an archived version of the presentation: https://collaboration.fda.gov/p24kew6aosb/
- FDA's MedWatch Program: Voluntarily Reporting Problems to the FDA
- FDA Basics Metrics: August 2014
- FDA Basics Metrics: July 2014
- FDA Basics Metrics: June 2014
- What Should I Do If I See Violations of FDA’s Tobacco Products Rules?
- FDA Basics Webinar June 30, 2014: Over-The-Counter Medicines and Driving
- Webinar Friday, May 23 - Packing A Healthy Lunch
- Where do I go to report problems with flea and tick products?
- What does FDA regulate?
- Webinar Tuesday, May 13 - Temporary Tattoos: Raising Consumer Awareness of Safety
- FDA Basics Metrics: May 2014
- FDA Basics Metrics: April 2014
- Who can I contact if my question wasn’t answered or I have additional questions in the future?
- FDA Basics Metrics: March 2014
- FDA Basics Metrics: February 2014
- What is the Reportable Food Registry?
- How do I report a complaint about food bought in a supermarket?
- What Rules Apply to Persons that Want to Start a Food Business?
- Is "over the counter (OTC)" medication safe for my child?
- FDA Basics Metrics: January 2014
- What does FDA inspect?
- When and why was FDA formed?
- What is a biological product?
- FDA Basics Metrics: December 2013
- FDA Basics Metrics: November 2013
How helpful was this information?