DATE: July 25, 2013
TIME: 2:00pm EDT
LENGTH: 30 minutes
Do you know the vital role that FDA plays in product recalls and how the Direct Recall Classification program gets recall information to consumers in a more timely manner?
Consumers are impacted by FDA-regulated products every day. Conducting a recall is an effective way for a firm to remove or correct a violative, and possibly dangerous, product from the market. FDA advises firms on their recall strategies and monitors their recall to determine whether it is effective. FDA also publicizes recalls so consumers and health professionals can find out what types of products are being recalled.
On Thursday, July 25th, FDA hosted a webinar that explains the Direct Recall Classification (DRC) program and its importance to consumers. Laura Hieronymus, Senior Recall Coordinator with the Office of Compliance and Biologics Quality in FDA’s Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, discussed the importance of timely recall information for consumers and the impact DRC has had on speeding up the information flow between industry and FDA.
After the presentation, there was an opportunity to ask questions.
Webinar Slides: CBER’s Direct Recall Classification Program
View an archived version of the presentation: https://collaboration.fda.gov/p24kew6aosb/
- FDA Basics Webinar: Practice the art of sun protection
- FDA Basics Webinar: "Mini-Sentinel," FDA's New Tool for Monitoring the Safety of FDA-Approved Medical Products
- FDA Basics Webinar - April 27, 2015: Drug Trials Snapshots
- FDA Webinar on Prescription Drug Shortages
- When previously recalled products are back on the shelves, how can I be sure that it is okay to buy them?
- What do consumers need to know about the recall of shell eggs?
- What is FDA Basics for Industry?
- FDA Basics Webinar- August 31, 2015: Food Safety: Bad Weather Basics
- July: CBER's Direct Recall Classification Program
- FDA Basics Webinar, June 17, 2013: Biological Products: Part 1
- Is it true that "OTC (Over the Counter)" products can prevent SIDS?
- FDA's Pesticide Program
- Recall Process for FDA-Regulated Products
- Where can I find information about adverse reactions to a medicine prescribed for my child?
- Where can I find information about medicines prescribed for my child?
- FDA Webinar on Protecting Your Child's Health Through Safe and Effective Vaccines
- FDA Webinar on Safety of the Blood Supply
- How did the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act come about?
- Materials from Webinar on Access to Investigational Drugs
- How do I find the latest information on the Web site? How do I sign up for e-mails and alerts?
- What is a docket? How do I submit comments to a docket? How do I find comments submitted to a docket?
- Can I buy medical products online? How do I know they're safe?
- FDA Basics Webinar: FDA CBER Mini-Sentinel Program
- FDA Basics Webinar - November 24, 2014: Drug Shortages
- FDA Basics Webinar: Role of FDA in HIV Diagnosis