Food Allergies: Is my child at risk?
Food allergies can range from merely irritating to life-threatening. Approximately 30,000 Americans go to the emergency room each year to get treated for severe food allergies, according to the Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network (FAAN). It is estimated that 150 to 200 Americans die each year because of allergic reactions to food.
Food allergies affect about two percent of adults and four to eight percent of children in the United States, and the number of young people with food allergies has increased over the last decade, according to a recent report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Children with food allergies are more likely to have asthma, eczema, and other types of allergies.
- FDA Basics Metrics: December 2014
- FDA Basics Webinar: FDA CBER Mini-Sentinel Program
- Recall Process for FDA-Regulated Products
- FDA Basics Metrics: November 2014
- FDA Basics Webinar - November 24, 2014: Drug Shortages
- FDA's MedWatch Program: Voluntarily Reporting Problems to the FDA
- FDA Basics Webinar June 30, 2014: Over-The-Counter Medicines and Driving
- Webinar Friday, May 23 - Packing A Healthy Lunch
- Webinar Tuesday, May 13 - Temporary Tattoos: Raising Consumer Awareness of Safety
- FDA Basics Webinar November 5, 2014: CVM’s Pet Food Reporting and Recall Process
- FDA Basics Metrics: October 2014
- FDA Basics Metrics: Septemeber 2014
- Who can I contact if my question wasn’t answered or if I have additional questions in the future?
- What Should I Do If I See Violations of FDA’s Tobacco Products Rules?
- FDA Basics Metrics: August 2014
- FDA Basics Metrics: July 2014
- FDA Basics Metrics: June 2014
- Where do I go to report problems with flea and tick products?
- What does FDA regulate?
- FDA Basics Metrics: May 2014
- FDA Basics Metrics: April 2014
- Who can I contact if my question wasn’t answered or I have additional questions in the future?
- FDA Basics Metrics: March 2014
- FDA Basics Metrics: February 2014
- What is the Reportable Food Registry?
How helpful was this information?