Food Allergies: Is my child at risk?
Food allergies can range from merely irritating to life-threatening. Approximately 30,000 Americans go to the emergency room each year to get treated for severe food allergies, according to the Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network (FAAN). It is estimated that 150 to 200 Americans die each year because of allergic reactions to food.
Food allergies affect about two percent of adults and four to eight percent of children in the United States, and the number of young people with food allergies has increased over the last decade, according to a recent report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Children with food allergies are more likely to have asthma, eczema, and other types of allergies.
- FDA Basics Metrics: April 2013
- When and why was FDA formed?
- How does FDA provide information about drug products currently under review for approval by the agency?
- Why are some drugs available as both a prescription and an over-the-counter drug?
- What does FDA do?
- What Should I Do If I See Violations of FDA’s Tobacco Products Rules?
- FDA Center for Tobacco Products Inaugural Year and Looking Forward
- What are FDA’s Regulations for Flavored Tobacco?
- What are the new Regulations Restricting the Sale and Distribution of Cigarettes and Smokeless Tobacco to Protect Children and Adolescents?
- What will FDA do to curb tobacco use among children and adolescents?
- What are some of the key regulatory timelines associated with the tobacco control act?
- How does the regulation of tobacco products differ from FDA’s regulation of drugs or medical devices?
- Is FDA going to ban tobacco?
- What products are not considered to be tobacco products as defined by the tobacco control act?
- What products are considered to be tobacco products as defined by the tobacco control act?
- What is the main goal in regulating tobacco products?
- What are the priorities of the Center for Tobacco Products?
- Does FDA have the authority to regulate tobacco products?
- What does FDA inspect?
- How is FDA organized?
- What does FDA regulate?
- FDA Basic Video: Lawrence Deyton Discusses Tobacco (Video)
- What part of FDA regulates tobacco products?
- FDA Basics Metrics: March 2013
- Upcoming Webinar Tuesday, March 19th - Buyer Beware:The Risks and Dangers of Purchasing Drugs Online
How helpful was this information?