What other government-supported websites does FDA recommend as reliable sources for health-related information?
The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and its 11 operating divisions—including FDA—deal with important health issues. Each of them maintains a website full of valuable consumer information. See www.HHS.gov for information and links the agencies and related sites, including:
- Flu.gov — Read the latest information about seasonal flu symptoms and treatment, as well as a flu vaccine finder from the HHS.
- Cancer.gov — Provides accurate, up-to-date, comprehensive cancer information from the National Cancer Institute, the U.S. government's principal agency for cancer research.
- ClinicalTrials.gov — Provides regularly updated information about federally and privately supported clinical trials on a website supported by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) National Library of Medicine.
- NIHSeniorHealth.gov — Get the latest health and wellness information for seniors through this website supported by NIH.
- AIDS.gov —Read information about prevention, testing, treatment, and research on HIV/AIDS through this HHS-managed website.
- CDC.gov — Get the latest information on outbreaks of infectious and foodborne disease, environmental health, occupational safety and health, health promotion, injury prevention and education from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- MedlinePlus — Find information about prescription drugs and dietary supplements; a medical encyclopedia, and a medical dictionary in more than 40 languages on this NIH-supported website.
- What does FDA regulate?
- What does FDA inspect?
- When and why was FDA formed?
- What doesn’t FDA regulate? How do I contact the agencies that do?
- What is the difference between the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act), FDA regulations, and FDA guidance?
- FDA Basics Metrics: July 2011
- FDA Basics Metrics: June 2011
- FDA Basics Metrics: May 2011
- FDA Basics Metrics: March 2011
- What does FDA do?
- How is FDA organized?
- How many people are employed by FDA and in what areas do they work?
- FDA Basics Metrics: July 2012
- FDA Basics Metrics: June 2012
- FDA Basics Metrics: December 2011
- FDA Basics Metrics: May 2012
- FDA Basics Metrics: April 2012
- FDA Basics Metrics: March 2012
- FDA Basics Metrics: February 2012
- FDA Basics Metrics: January 2012
- FDA Basics Metrics: November 2011
- FDA Basics Metrics: October 2011
- FDA Basics Metrics : September 2011
- FDA Basics Metrics: August 2011
- FDA Basics Metrics: April 2011
How helpful was this information?