Where should I go to find consumer information on www.FDA.gov?
FDA centers and offices want the public to understand the agency’s mission and how it impacts the lives of millions of people living in the United States. Because of this, each of the centers develops articles, fact sheets, videos, and other content directed at consumers. Links to consumer information on FDA-regulated products and a variety of health topics on FDA’s website can be found on the “For Consumers” page, http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/default.htm. This includes Consumer Updates—articles written about health-related topics that draw on the expertise of FDA scientists and researchers—and eight general topics (Foods; Drugs; Medical Devices; Vaccines, Blood & Biologics; Animal & Veterinary; Cosmetics; Radiation-Emitting Products; and Tobacco Products). Links to some articles in Spanish and other languages are also available on the “For Consumers” page.
Because many people are specifically interested in product recalls and safety alerts, look for the Recalls, Market Withdrawals & Safety Alerts link, which is also on the “For Consumers” page.
- How can I share my ideas and suggestions with FDA?
- Where should I go to find consumer information on www.FDA.gov?
- FDA's MedWatch Program: Voluntarily Reporting Problems to the FDA
- What does FDA regulate?
- What does FDA inspect?
- When and why was FDA formed?
- What is the difference between the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act), FDA regulations, and FDA guidance?
- What does FDA do?
- How is FDA organized?
- How many people are employed by FDA and in what areas do they work?
- What non-government websites does FDA recommend?
- What other government-supported websites does FDA recommend as reliable sources for health-related information?
- FDA Basics Webinar: FDA Office of Minority Health - Steps to Address Health Disparities
- How can the public request documents from FDA?
- Materials from Webinar on Inspection Process
- FDA Webinar on Foreign Inspections
- FDA MedWatch Webinar
- What is FDA Basics for Industry?
- FDA Basic Video: Kathleen Uhl on the Office of Women's Health (Video)
- Why can’t I import some drugs that are approved and sold in the United States?
- Is it legal for me to personally import drugs?
- What is a docket? How do I submit comments to a docket? How do I find comments submitted to a docket?
- How do I find the latest information on the Web site? How do I sign up for e-mails and alerts?
- How can I find out the status of my FOIA request?
- What is a recall?
How helpful was this information?