FDA Basics – OCTGT Webinar on Tissue Safety
DATE: September 20, 2012
TIME: 1:00pm EST
LENGTH: 30 minutes
Did you know that FDA plays a vital role in ensuring the safety of the nation’s tissue supply?
On Thursday, September 20th, FDA hosted a webinar that addressed how the agency safeguards the nation’s tissue supply. Ellen Lazarus, MD, CAPT, USPHS, Director, Division of Human Tissues, Office of Cellular, Tissue and Gene Therapies (OCTGT), in FDA’s Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research discussed the current FDA regulations established to ensure a safe and available tissue supply.
After the presentation, there will an opportunity to ask questions.
Download Presentation Slides: FDA Basics: Tissue Safety (727 KB)
- Are medical devices regulated for non-medical reasons?
- I am a patient and would like to participate in a clinical study for a new device or procedure. How can I find out more about the study?
- Who can I contact if my question wasn’t answered or if I have additional questions in the future?
- What does ‘recall’ mean?
- What products are regulated as electronic products that emit radiation?
- What is a medical device?
- Who can I contact if my question wasn’t answered or I have additional questions in the future?
- Where can I find more information about a specific type of product?
- What happens when a radiation-emitting electronic product is also a medical device or is used for irradiation or inspection of food?
- Does FDA approve radiation-emitting electronic products?
- What routine requirements apply to manufacturers of radiation-emitting electronic products?
- How does FDA regulate radiation-emitting electronic products?
- How FDA Evaluates Regulated Products: Cosmetics
- Where do I go to report problems with flea and tick products?
- How do I report an adverse drug experience (ADE) in an animal?
- How do I report a pet food complaint?
- I read online that a supplement can treat my dog’s illness. Is the supplement safe to give to my pet?
- Is it safe for me to provide my pet with a raw food diet?
- Do you have a list of discontinued veterinary drugs?
- Are the pet medications sold online the same as those I get directly from the veterinarian?
- Where can I get information on a drug my veterinarian prescribed?
- Is it safe for me to give my pet pain relief products approved for use in humans such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or naproxen sodium?
- Can you explain the approval process for animal drugs?
- Is FDA responsible for regulating pesticides that are used in animal products?
- Does FDA regulate dietary supplements for animals?
How helpful was this information?