FDA Basics – OCTGT Webinar on Tissue Safety
DATE: September 20, 2012
TIME: 1:00pm EST
LENGTH: 30 minutes
Did you know that FDA plays a vital role in ensuring the safety of the nation’s tissue supply?
On Thursday, September 20th, FDA hosted a webinar that addressed how the agency safeguards the nation’s tissue supply. Ellen Lazarus, MD, CAPT, USPHS, Director, Division of Human Tissues, Office of Cellular, Tissue and Gene Therapies (OCTGT), in FDA’s Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research discussed the current FDA regulations established to ensure a safe and available tissue supply.
After the presentation, there will an opportunity to ask questions.
Download Presentation Slides: FDA Basics: Tissue Safety (727 KB)
- Upcoming Webinar Thursday, August 28th - FDA's MedWatch Program: Voluntarily Reporting Problems to the FDA
- FDA Basics Metrics: July 2014
- FDA Basics Metrics: June 2014
- What Should I Do If I See Violations of FDA’s Tobacco Products Rules?
- FDA Basics Webinar June 30, 2014: Over-The-Counter Medicines and Driving
- Webinar Friday, May 23 - Packing A Healthy Lunch
- Where do I go to report problems with flea and tick products?
- What does FDA regulate?
- Webinar Tuesday, May 13 - Temporary Tattoos: Raising Consumer Awareness of Safety
- FDA Basics Metrics: May 2014
- FDA Basics Metrics: April 2014
- Who can I contact if my question wasn’t answered or I have additional questions in the future?
- FDA Basics Metrics: March 2014
- FDA Basics Metrics: February 2014
- What is the Reportable Food Registry?
- How do I report a complaint about food bought in a supermarket?
- What Rules Apply to Persons that Want to Start a Food Business?
- Is "over the counter (OTC)" medication safe for my child?
- FDA Basics Metrics: January 2014
- What does FDA inspect?
- When and why was FDA formed?
- What is a biological product?
- FDA Basics Metrics: December 2013
- FDA Basics Metrics: November 2013
- Webinar: 20 Years Later – Returning to FDA to Regulate Tobacco
How helpful was this information?