FDA Basics – OCTGT Webinar on Tissue Safety
DATE: September 20, 2012
TIME: 1:00pm EST
LENGTH: 30 minutes
Did you know that FDA plays a vital role in ensuring the safety of the nation’s tissue supply?
On Thursday, September 20th, FDA hosted a webinar that addressed how the agency safeguards the nation’s tissue supply. Ellen Lazarus, MD, CAPT, USPHS, Director, Division of Human Tissues, Office of Cellular, Tissue and Gene Therapies (OCTGT), in FDA’s Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research discussed the current FDA regulations established to ensure a safe and available tissue supply.
After the presentation, there will an opportunity to ask questions.
Download Presentation Slides: FDA Basics: Tissue Safety (727 KB)
- FDA Basics Metrics: February 2014
- What is the Reportable Food Registry?
- How do I report a complaint about food bought in a supermarket?
- What Rules Apply to Persons that Want to Start a Food Business?
- Is "over the counter (OTC)" medication safe for my child?
- FDA Basics Metrics: January 2014
- What does FDA inspect?
- When and why was FDA formed?
- What is a biological product?
- FDA Basics Metrics: December 2013
- FDA Basics Metrics: November 2013
- Webinar: 20 Years Later – Returning to FDA to Regulate Tobacco
- What doesn’t FDA regulate? How do I contact the agencies that do?
- FDA Basics Metrics: October 2013
- FDA Basics Metrics: August 2013
- FDA Basics Metrics: September 2013
- FDA Webinar on Tattoos and Permanent Makeup
- FDA Basics Webinar August 19, 2013: Biological Products, Part 2: Biosimilar Biological Products
- FDA Basics Metrics : June 2013
- FDA Basics Metrics: July 2013
- July: CBER's Direct Recall Classification Program
- Webinar on FDA’s Safety Monitoring of Approved Vaccines
- What is the FDA doing to protect children from tobacco?
- Can you explain the approval process for animal drugs?
- Does FDA have any other food safety materials?
How helpful was this information?