DATE: September 20, 2012
TIME: 1:00pm EST
LENGTH: 30 minutes
Did you know that FDA plays a vital role in ensuring the safety of the nation’s tissue supply?
On Thursday, September 20th, FDA hosted a webinar that addressed how the agency safeguards the nation’s tissue supply. Ellen Lazarus, MD, CAPT, USPHS, Director, Division of Human Tissues, Office of Cellular, Tissue and Gene Therapies (OCTGT), in FDA’s Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research discussed the current FDA regulations established to ensure a safe and available tissue supply.
After the presentation, there will an opportunity to ask questions.
Download Presentation Slides: FDA Basics: Tissue Safety (727 KB)
- FDA Webinar on Prescription Drug Shortages
- When previously recalled products are back on the shelves, how can I be sure that it is okay to buy them?
- What do consumers need to know about the recall of shell eggs?
- What is FDA Basics for Industry?
- FDA Basics Webinar- August 31, 2015: Food Safety: Bad Weather Basics
- July: CBER's Direct Recall Classification Program
- FDA Basics Webinar, June 17, 2013: Biological Products: Part 1
- Is it true that "OTC (Over the Counter)" products can prevent SIDS?
- FDA's Pesticide Program
- Recall Process for FDA-Regulated Products
- Where can I find information about adverse reactions to a medicine prescribed for my child?
- Where can I find information about medicines prescribed for my child?
- FDA Basics Webinar: "Mini-Sentinel," FDA's New Tool for Monitoring the Safety of FDA-Approved Medical Products
- FDA Webinar on Protecting Your Child's Health Through Safe and Effective Vaccines
- FDA Webinar on Safety of the Blood Supply
- How did the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act come about?
- Materials from Webinar on Access to Investigational Drugs
- How do I find the latest information on the Web site? How do I sign up for e-mails and alerts?
- What is a docket? How do I submit comments to a docket? How do I find comments submitted to a docket?
- Can I buy medical products online? How do I know they're safe?
- FDA Basics Webinar - April 27, 2015: Drug Trials Snapshots
- FDA Basics Webinar: FDA CBER Mini-Sentinel Program
- FDA Basics Webinar - November 24, 2014: Drug Shortages
- FDA Basics Webinar: Role of FDA in HIV Diagnosis
- FDA's MedWatch Program: Voluntarily Reporting Problems to the FDA