Most people know pesticides protect growing crops from insect consumption, but did you realize pesticides are used on many other types of food, including dairy and shellfish?
The FDA hosted a webinar “FDA’s Pesticide Program”, on Thursday, August 30, 2012 at 2:00 PM ET. The featured speaker was Capt. Young H. Lee, Ph.D, Office of Food Safety liaison to the Pesticide Monitoring Program at FDA’s Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition. This webinar presents FDA’s rules and regulations for pesticide use, and its effect on the consumer.
Webinar slides: FDA's Pesticide Program Presentation (PDF, 1.5KB)
Additional resources: Guidance, Residue Monitoring Reports and Technical References
- Is it true that "OTC (Over the Counter)" products can prevent SIDS?
- FDA's Pesticide Program
- FDA Basics Webinar - November 24, 2014: Drug Shortages
- FDA's MedWatch Program: Voluntarily Reporting Problems to the FDA
- FDA Basics Webinar: Picnic Food Safety, How Safe is Your Picnic?
- Upcoming Webinar Tuesday, March 19th - Buyer Beware:The Risks and Dangers of Purchasing Drugs Online
- What should parents be aware of before administering medication to a child?
- How does the FDA collect vaccine safety information?
- What is the FDA doing to protect children from tobacco?
- What is the role of FDA's Office of Orphan Product Development and Office of New Drugs?
- What are the potential risks to my child after exposure to radiological imaging?
- What device can I use to monitor the blood sugar level in my child?
- How can you detect lead levels in your child?
- Is it safe for your child to use a cell phone?
- Is "over the counter (OTC)" medication safe for my child?
- How do I report a complaint about food bought in a supermarket?
- What Rules Apply to Persons that Want to Start a Food Business?
- What is the Reportable Food Registry?