Recall Process for FDA-Regulated Products
Consumers are impacted by FDA-regulated products every day. The food they eat, the medicines they take, and the medical devices used during medical procedures are all examples of FDA-regulated products. Conducting a recall is an effective way for a firm to remove or correct a violative, and possibly dangerous, product from the market. FDA advises firms on their recall strategies and monitors their recall to determine whether it is effective. FDA also publicizes recalls so consumers and health professionals can find out what types of products are being recalled.
FDA-hosted a webinar, Thursday, July 26, 2012 at 3p.m. ET, on the " Recall Process for FDA-Regulated Products." Recall Coordinator Cecilia Wolyniak of FDA's Office of Enforcement provided information on how recalls are reported to FDA. She also discussed what FDA does to monitor and publicize the recalls.
Webinar Slides: Recall Process for FDA-Regulated Products Presentation (PDF - 59KB)
Archived Webinar Version: : https://collaboration.fda.gov/p67962525/
Additional Resources: Recalls, Market Withdrawals & Safety Alerts
- FDA Basics Webinar - April 27, 2015: Drug Trials Snapshots
- Webinar Friday, May 23 - Packing A Healthy Lunch
- How can I share my ideas and suggestions with FDA?
- FDA Basic Video: Terry Toigo Talks About Helping Patients and their Families (Video)
- Where should I go to find consumer information on www.FDA.gov?
- Does FDA regulate dietary supplements for animals?
- Webinar: 20 Years Later – Returning to FDA to Regulate Tobacco
- Connect with Us: Using FDAs Digital Tools to Present, Participate and Personalize Tobacco Information
- FDA Center for Tobacco Products Inaugural Year and Looking Forward
- FDA Basics Metrics: February 2015
- FDA Basics Metrics: January 2015
- What are Veterinary Biologics (including vaccines) and is FDA responsible for these products?
- FDA Basics Metrics: December 2014
- FDA Basics Webinar: FDA CBER Mini-Sentinel Program
- Recall Process for FDA-Regulated Products
- FDA Basics Metrics: November 2014
- FDA Basics Webinar - November 24, 2014: Drug Shortages
- FDA's MedWatch Program: Voluntarily Reporting Problems to the FDA
- FDA Basics Webinar June 30, 2014: Over-The-Counter Medicines and Driving
- Webinar Tuesday, May 13 - Temporary Tattoos: Raising Consumer Awareness of Safety
- FDA Basics Webinar November 5, 2014: CVM’s Pet Food Reporting and Recall Process
- FDA Basics Metrics: October 2014
- FDA Basics Metrics: Septemeber 2014
- Who can I contact if my question wasn’t answered or if I have additional questions in the future?
- What Should I Do If I See Violations of FDA’s Tobacco Products Rules?
How helpful was this information?