Recall Process for FDA-Regulated Products
Consumers are impacted by FDA-regulated products every day. The food they eat, the medicines they take, and the medical devices used during medical procedures are all examples of FDA-regulated products. Conducting a recall is an effective way for a firm to remove or correct a violative, and possibly dangerous, product from the market. FDA advises firms on their recall strategies and monitors their recall to determine whether it is effective. FDA also publicizes recalls so consumers and health professionals can find out what types of products are being recalled.
FDA-hosted a webinar, Thursday, July 26, 2012 at 3p.m. ET, on the " Recall Process for FDA-Regulated Products." Recall Coordinator Cecilia Wolyniak of FDA's Office of Enforcement provided information on how recalls are reported to FDA. She also discussed what FDA does to monitor and publicize the recalls.
Webinar Slides: Recall Process for FDA-Regulated Products Presentation (PDF - 59KB)
Archived Webinar Version: : https://collaboration.fda.gov/p67962525/
Additional Resources: Recalls, Market Withdrawals & Safety Alerts
- FDA's MedWatch Program: Voluntarily Reporting Problems to the FDA
- FDA Basics Metrics: August 2014
- FDA Basics Metrics: July 2014
- FDA Basics Metrics: June 2014
- What Should I Do If I See Violations of FDA’s Tobacco Products Rules?
- FDA Basics Webinar June 30, 2014: Over-The-Counter Medicines and Driving
- Webinar Friday, May 23 - Packing A Healthy Lunch
- Where do I go to report problems with flea and tick products?
- What does FDA regulate?
- Webinar Tuesday, May 13 - Temporary Tattoos: Raising Consumer Awareness of Safety
- FDA Basics Metrics: May 2014
- FDA Basics Metrics: April 2014
- Who can I contact if my question wasn’t answered or I have additional questions in the future?
- FDA Basics Metrics: March 2014
- FDA Basics Metrics: February 2014
- What is the Reportable Food Registry?
- How do I report a complaint about food bought in a supermarket?
- What Rules Apply to Persons that Want to Start a Food Business?
- Is "over the counter (OTC)" medication safe for my child?
- FDA Basics Metrics: January 2014
- What does FDA inspect?
- When and why was FDA formed?
- What is a biological product?
- FDA Basics Metrics: December 2013
- FDA Basics Metrics: November 2013
How helpful was this information?