May Webinar - Hearing Aids: The Basic Information You Need to Know
Original Webinar Date: May 23, 2012
Length: 30 minutes
Did you know that May is 'Better Hearing and Speech Month'? Do you have questions about hearing loss and hearing aids?
On Wednesday, May 23, 2012 at 2:00 p.m. ET, FDA's Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH) hosted a 30-minute Webinar to discuss basic information on Hearing Aids.
The featured speaker Shu-Chen Peng, Ph.D., CCC-A, Audiologist in CDRH’s Office of Device Evaluation, discussed what consumers need to know about hearing loss, hearing aids and the different types and styles available and how to get the most out of your hearing aids.
After the presentation, there was an opportunity to ask questions.
- Does FDA regulate these new powerful laser "pointers" and are they hazardous?
- May Webinar - Hearing Aids: The Basic Information You Need to Know
- What is a medical device?
- July Webinar: Home Use of Medical Devices
- What does ‘recall’ mean?
- Who can I contact if my question wasn’t answered or I have additional questions in the future?
- What should I do if I am hurt by a medical device or if a medical device doesn’t work properly?
- What is the difference between FDA-listed, 510(k) exempt, cleared and approved medical devices?
- What does it mean for FDA to "classify" a medical device?
- What does it mean when FDA "clears" or "approves" a medical device?
- How can I find out if my medical device has been recalled?
- Does FDA regulate medical devices?
- How can I find out if a medical device is cleared or approved?
- How can I get information about the safety of a medical device after it has been cleared or approved?
- What does a recall mean for an implanted device?
- If I have a concern about a medical device, can I send it to FDA to be tested?
- Can you tell me how the submission of a medical device application is going?
- Can you tell me when a medical device will be cleared or approved in the future?
- Who can write a prescription for a medical device?
- Do I need a prescription for a medical device?
How helpful was this information?