FDA Basics Webinar: FDA Office of Minority Health - Steps to Address Health Disparities
Scientific advances and innovative medical technologies have provided Americans with the potential for longer, healthier lives. However, persistent and well-documented health differences exist between populations. FDA is dedicated to addressing these disparities and achieving the highest standard of health for all.
FDA Office of Minority Health: Steps to Addressing Health Disparities hosted a webinar Monday, May 21st at 2 PM EST. The featured speaker, Michelle Yeboah, Dr. P.H., the Acting Director of the FDA Office Minority Health (OMH) gave an overview of the newly established office and answered questions following the presentation.
Webinar slides: FDA Office of Minority Health: Steps to Address Health Disparities Slides (PDF 339KB)
View an archived version of the webinar. The transcript will be posted shortly.
Show all related FDA Basics Questions
- Upcoming Webinar Tuesday, March 19th - Buyer Beware:The Risks and Dangers of Purchasing Drugs Online
- FDA Basics Metrics: April 2013
- When and why was FDA formed?
- How does FDA provide information about drug products currently under review for approval by the agency?
- Why are some drugs available as both a prescription and an over-the-counter drug?
- What Should I Do If I See Violations of FDA’s Tobacco Products Rules?
- FDA Center for Tobacco Products Inaugural Year and Looking Forward
- What are FDA’s Regulations for Flavored Tobacco?
- What are the new Regulations Restricting the Sale and Distribution of Cigarettes and Smokeless Tobacco to Protect Children and Adolescents?
- What will FDA do to curb tobacco use among children and adolescents?
- What are some of the key regulatory timelines associated with the tobacco control act?
- How does the regulation of tobacco products differ from FDA’s regulation of drugs or medical devices?
- Is FDA going to ban tobacco?
- What products are not considered to be tobacco products as defined by the tobacco control act?
- What products are considered to be tobacco products as defined by the tobacco control act?
- What is the main goal in regulating tobacco products?
- What are the priorities of the Center for Tobacco Products?
- Does FDA have the authority to regulate tobacco products?
- What does FDA inspect?
- FDA Basic Video: Lawrence Deyton Discusses Tobacco (Video)
- What part of FDA regulates tobacco products?
- FDA Basics Metrics: March 2013
- FDA Basics Metrics: February 2013
- Are contact lenses a safe choice for a child?
- Is "over the counter (OTC)" medication safe for my child?
How helpful was this information?