FDA Basics Webinar on the Import Entry Process
American consumers increasingly rely of goods manufactured in foreign countries: in Fiscal Year 2011, roughly 24 million shipments of FDA-regulated products were imported into the US. Regulating that large volume of varied shipments is a complicated and unending task, and one of great importance in the realm of consumer protection. Every day there are FDA field investigators in offices throughout the country and in FDA headquarters dedicated to providing this consumer protection.
The FDA hosted a webinar “FDA's Import Operations: How FDA regulates imported products”, Wednesday, November 30th at 11:00 AM ET. The featured speaker, John Verbeten, is a branch director for FDA's Division of Import Operations and Policy and a former field investigator. He gave an overview and answer questions about FDA's consumer protection activities related to imported products.
A recording of the webinar is available here: https://collaboration.fda.gov/p21473059/
Slides of the presentation are available here: Import Process Presentation (PDF) 501 KB
- FDA Basics Metrics: January 2015
- What are Veterinary Biologics (including vaccines) and is FDA responsible for these products?
- FDA Basics Metrics: December 2014
- FDA Basics Webinar: FDA CBER Mini-Sentinel Program
- Recall Process for FDA-Regulated Products
- FDA Basics Metrics: November 2014
- FDA Basics Webinar - November 24, 2014: Drug Shortages
- FDA's MedWatch Program: Voluntarily Reporting Problems to the FDA
- FDA Basics Webinar June 30, 2014: Over-The-Counter Medicines and Driving
- Webinar Friday, May 23 - Packing A Healthy Lunch
- Webinar Tuesday, May 13 - Temporary Tattoos: Raising Consumer Awareness of Safety
- FDA Basics Webinar November 5, 2014: CVM’s Pet Food Reporting and Recall Process
- FDA Basics Metrics: October 2014
- FDA Basics Metrics: Septemeber 2014
- Who can I contact if my question wasn’t answered or if I have additional questions in the future?
- What Should I Do If I See Violations of FDA’s Tobacco Products Rules?
- FDA Basics Metrics: August 2014
- FDA Basics Metrics: July 2014
- FDA Basics Metrics: June 2014
- Where do I go to report problems with flea and tick products?
- What does FDA regulate?
- FDA Basics Metrics: May 2014
- FDA Basics Metrics: April 2014
- Who can I contact if my question wasn’t answered or I have additional questions in the future?
- FDA Basics Metrics: March 2014
How helpful was this information?