DATE: August 18, 2011
LENGTH: 30 minutes
Do you know the vital role that FDA has in ensuring the safety and effectiveness of childhood vaccines?
On Thursday, August 18th, FDA hosted a webinar that addressed how the agency protects our nation’s children by ensuring that the vaccines given during childhood are safe and effective in preventing disease. Norman Baylor, PhD, Director of the Office of Vaccines Research and Review, in FDA’s Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, discussed the importance of vaccines to a child’s health, the development process for vaccines, how FDA assures those vaccines that are granted licensure (approval) are safe and effective, and what FDA does to oversee their continued safety and effectiveness.
Download Presentation Slides:
FDA Basics Webinar: FDA’s Role in Protecting Your Child’s Health Through Safe and Effective Vaccines
View an archived version of the presentation.
- FDA Webinar on Protecting Your Child's Health Through Safe and Effective Vaccines
- FDA Webinar on Safety of the Blood Supply
- What are stem cells? How are they regulated?
- What is a biological product?
- Webinar on FDA’s Safety Monitoring of Approved Vaccines
- What is thimerosal? Is it safe when used in some vaccines?
- How can I get my name removed from a donor deferral list?
- How does FDA regulate tissue products? What safeguards are in place for recipients?
- How do I know if I’m eligible to donate blood?
- What is the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS)?
- What is the approval process for a biological product?
- How do I report an adverse event related to a vaccine?
- How does FDA assess the safety of vaccines?