July Webinar: Home Use of Medical Devices
FDA Webinar: Home Use of Medical Devices
DATE: July 28, 2011
TIME: 2:00 p.m.
LENGTH: 30 minutes
Do you have questions about the use of Medical Devices in the Home? On Thursday, July 28, at 2:00 p.m. ET, FDA's Center for Devices and Radiological Health hosted a 30-minute Webinar to discuss the Home Use of Medical Devices. Featured speaker, Mary Brady, a Senior Policy Analyst in the Office of the Center Director, Center for Devices and Radiological Health, discussed what the FDA is doing to address the increased use of medical devices in the home. She also talked briefly about the new technology that is focusing on self-care and self-monitoring. After the presentation, there was an opportunity to ask questions.
View an archived version of the Webinar
- What does ‘recall’ mean?
- What is a medical device?
- Who can I contact if my question wasn’t answered or I have additional questions in the future?
- Does FDA regulate these new powerful laser "pointers" and are they hazardous?
- May Webinar - Hearing Aids: The Basic Information You Need to Know
- July Webinar: Home Use of Medical Devices
- What should I do if I am hurt by a medical device or if a medical device doesn’t work properly?
- What is the difference between FDA-listed, 510(k) exempt, cleared and approved medical devices?
- What does it mean for FDA to "classify" a medical device?
- What does it mean when FDA "clears" or "approves" a medical device?
- How can I find out if my medical device has been recalled?
- Does FDA regulate medical devices?
- How can I find out if a medical device is cleared or approved?
- How can I get information about the safety of a medical device after it has been cleared or approved?
- What does a recall mean for an implanted device?
- If I have a concern about a medical device, can I send it to FDA to be tested?
- Can you tell me how the submission of a medical device application is going?
- Can you tell me when a medical device will be cleared or approved in the future?
- Who can write a prescription for a medical device?
- Do I need a prescription for a medical device?
How helpful was this information?