DATE: April 28, 2011
TIME: 12:00 p.m.
To join the meeting:
The FDA’s BadAd Project helps the Agency’s Division of Drug Marketing, Advertising, and Communications (DDMAC) monitor drug companies’ promotional messages for fair balance and truthfulness. Learn how FDA is recruiting the assistance of healthcare professionals to help end misleading drug promotions. Examples include:
- A presentation about a prescription drug that tells the drug’s benefits but not its risks;
- A sales representative tells a doctor a prescription drug is effective for a use not in the FDA-approved product labeling;
- A sales representative says, “Drug X delivers results in as little as 3 days,” but does not mention that clinical trials showed most results took 12 weeks, with only few in 3 days.
FDA’s BadAd program helps protect the public. This presentation explains how.
- Where can I find information about adverse reactions to a medicine prescribed for my child?
- Where can I find information about medicines prescribed for my child?
- FDA Basics Webinar: "Mini-Sentinel," FDA's New Tool for Monitoring the Safety of FDA-Approved Medical Products
- Materials from Webinar on Access to Investigational Drugs
- FDA Webinar on Prescription Drug Shortages
- FDA Webinar on "Bad Ads" Program
- FDA Basics Webinar on Generic Drugs
- What are over-the-counter (OTC) drugs and how are they approved?
- How FDA Evaluates Regulated Products: Drugs
- What is counterfeit medicine?
- How can I stay better informed about drugs? Is there a reliable website FDA recommends?
- What is an FDA Drug Safety Communication?
- How do I discard medicine that I no longer need, do I just throw it in the garbage?
- What are unapproved drugs and why are they on the market?
- How do I report a bad reaction to medicine or medication error to FDA?
- Does FDA approve the proprietary names of prescription drugs?
- What does FDA require drug manufacturers to do to prevent contaminated drugs? If contamination occurs, how must they correct the problem?
- How does FDA help consumers when drug shortages happen?
- Can FDA ban direct-to-consumer drug advertising?
- How does FDA oversee domestic and foreign drug manufacturing?
- Why isn’t a drug taken off the market when a manufacturer gets a Warning Letter?
- What is a Warning Letter?
- How does FDA decide when a drug is not safe enough to stay on the market?
- Does FDA approve the information given out by pharmacies when I pick up my medicine?
- Why do some drug labels get changed so often ?