FDA Basics Webinar: State Enforcement Program
The Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act (Tobacco Control Act) gives FDA the authority to contract with States and U.S. Territories to assist with compliance and enforcement activities to help limit the availability of tobacco products to young people.
On Tuesday, January 11th, at 1 p.m. ET, FDA's Center for Tobacco Products hosted a webinar on "State Enforcement". The featured speaker, Ann Simoneau, J.D., Director, Office of Compliance and Enforcement, Center for Tobacco Products, discussed the State Enforcement Program. Ann Simoneau joined the agency in 2001 and has worked in FDA's New England District Office, CDER's Division of Drug Marketing, Advertising, and Communications, and CDRH’s Office of Compliance. Prior to working for FDA, she was a practicing litigation attorney in Boston for several years. Ms. Simoneau has received a B.S. degree in pharmacy from Massachusetts College of Pharmacy, a J.D. degree from Boston University School of Law, and a MBA from Suffolk University, Sawyer Business School.
Download Presentation Slides:
FDA Basics Webinar: State Enforcement (PDF 50KB)
View an archived version of the presentation.
- FDA Center for Tobacco Products Inaugural Year and Looking Forward
- What Should I Do If I See Violations of FDA’s Tobacco Products Rules?
- What are FDA’s Regulations for Flavored Tobacco?
- What are the new Regulations Restricting the Sale and Distribution of Cigarettes and Smokeless Tobacco to Protect Children and Adolescents?
- What will FDA do to curb tobacco use among children and adolescents?
- What are some of the key regulatory timelines associated with the tobacco control act?
- How does the regulation of tobacco products differ from FDA’s regulation of drugs or medical devices?
- Is FDA going to ban tobacco?
- What products are not considered to be tobacco products as defined by the tobacco control act?
- What products are considered to be tobacco products as defined by the tobacco control act?
- What is the main goal in regulating tobacco products?
- What are the priorities of the Center for Tobacco Products?
- Does FDA have the authority to regulate tobacco products?
- FDA Basic Video: Lawrence Deyton Discusses Tobacco (Video)
- What part of FDA regulates tobacco products?
- FDA Basics Webinar: State Enforcement Program
- How does FDA plan to enforce the restrictions on promotion and advertising established by the Tobacco Control Act?
How helpful was this information?