How does FDA plan to enforce the restrictions on promotion and advertising established by the Tobacco Control Act?
FDA posted the Enforcement Action Plan for Promotion and Advertising Restrictions. The primary focus of the plan will be on enforcement of the laws and regulations pertaining to the promotion and advertising of menthol and other cigarettes to youth generally, and to youth in minority communities. FDA plans to utilize a multipronged approach that includes the following components:
- Tobacco Marketing Surveillance
- State Tobacco Retailer Compliance Check Inspection Program, FDA Inspections, and Imports Program
- Enforcement Tools
- Education to Encourage Voluntary Compliance
- Future Strategy and Considerations
Learn more about the Enforcement Action Plan for Promotion and Advertising Restrictions.
- FDA Center for Tobacco Products Inaugural Year and Looking Forward
- What Should I Do If I See Violations of FDA’s Tobacco Products Rules?
- What are FDA’s Regulations for Flavored Tobacco?
- What are the new Regulations Restricting the Sale and Distribution of Cigarettes and Smokeless Tobacco to Protect Children and Adolescents?
- What will FDA do to curb tobacco use among children and adolescents?
- What are some of the key regulatory timelines associated with the tobacco control act?
- How does the regulation of tobacco products differ from FDA’s regulation of drugs or medical devices?
- Is FDA going to ban tobacco?
- What products are not considered to be tobacco products as defined by the tobacco control act?
- What products are considered to be tobacco products as defined by the tobacco control act?
- What is the main goal in regulating tobacco products?
- What are the priorities of the Center for Tobacco Products?
- Does FDA have the authority to regulate tobacco products?
- FDA Basic Video: Lawrence Deyton Discusses Tobacco (Video)
- What part of FDA regulates tobacco products?
- FDA Basics Webinar: State Enforcement Program
- How does FDA plan to enforce the restrictions on promotion and advertising established by the Tobacco Control Act?
How helpful was this information?