Did you know that generic drugs are safe and effective alternatives to brand name drugs? Did you know that generic drugs can reduce the cost of prescription drugs for both consumers and the government?
On Monday, September 27th, 2010, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) hosted a webinar that answered questions about the agency’s work with generic drugs. Robert West, who is a supervisory pharmacist in the Office of Generic Drugs in FDA’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, gave an overview and answered questions about generic drugs.
Download Presentation Slides: Generic Drugs (PDF, 335KB)
Web address for viewing:
- Where can I find information about adverse reactions to a medicine prescribed for my child?
- Where can I find information about medicines prescribed for my child?
- FDA Basics Webinar: "Mini-Sentinel," FDA's New Tool for Monitoring the Safety of FDA-Approved Medical Products
- Materials from Webinar on Access to Investigational Drugs
- FDA Webinar on Prescription Drug Shortages
- FDA Webinar on "Bad Ads" Program
- FDA Basics Webinar on Generic Drugs
- FDA Basics Videos: Tim Coté on Orphan Drugs
- FDA Basic Video: Interview with John Jenkins on New Drugs (Video)
- What are over-the-counter (OTC) drugs and how are they approved?
- How FDA Evaluates Regulated Products: Drugs
- What is counterfeit medicine?
- How can I stay better informed about drugs? Is there a reliable website FDA recommends?
- What is an FDA Drug Safety Communication?
- How do I discard medicine that I no longer need, do I just throw it in the garbage?
- What are unapproved drugs and why are they on the market?
- How do I report a bad reaction to medicine or medication error to FDA?
- Does FDA approve the proprietary names of prescription drugs?
- What does FDA require drug manufacturers to do to prevent contaminated drugs? If contamination occurs, how must they correct the problem?
- How does FDA help consumers when drug shortages happen?
- Can FDA ban direct-to-consumer drug advertising?
- How does FDA oversee domestic and foreign drug manufacturing?
- Why isn’t a drug taken off the market when a manufacturer gets a Warning Letter?
- What is a Warning Letter?
- How does FDA decide when a drug is not safe enough to stay on the market?