Resources for You
What are the qualifications of a scientific member of an advisory committee?
People nominated as scientific members must be technically qualified experts in their field, such as
- clinical medicine
- biological and physical sciences
- food sciences
They also must have experience interpreting and analyzing detailed scientific data, and understanding its public health significance.
For example, people nominated for the Clinical Chemistry and Clinical Toxicology Devices Panel in the Center for Devices and Radiological Health should be doctors of medicine or philosophy with experience in clinical chemistry, clinical toxicology, clinical pathology, clinical laboratory medicine, endocrinology, or oncology.
In another example, people nominated for the Drug Safety and Risk Management Advisory Committee in the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research should be knowledgeable in risk communication, risk management, drug safety, and medical, behavioral, and biological sciences as they apply to risk management and drug abuse.
- What safety information is available for FDA-regulated medical products and foods?
- How do I report a problem with an FDA-regulated product?
- How can I share my ideas and suggestions with FDA?
- Where should I go to find consumer information on www.FDA.gov?
- FDA's MedWatch Program: Voluntarily Reporting Problems to the FDA
- What does FDA regulate?
- What does FDA inspect?
- When and why was FDA formed?
- What is the difference between the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act), FDA regulations, and FDA guidance?
- What does FDA do?
- How is FDA organized?
- How many people are employed by FDA and in what areas do they work?
- What non-government websites does FDA recommend?
- What other government-supported websites does FDA recommend as reliable sources for health-related information?
- FDA Basics Webinar: FDA Office of Minority Health - Steps to Address Health Disparities
- How can the public request documents from FDA?
- Materials from Webinar on Inspection Process
- FDA Webinar on Foreign Inspections
- FDA MedWatch Webinar
- What is FDA Basics for Industry?
- FDA Basic Video: Kathleen Uhl on the Office of Women's Health (Video)
- Why can’t I import some drugs that are approved and sold in the United States?
- Is it legal for me to personally import drugs?
- What is a docket? How do I submit comments to a docket? How do I find comments submitted to a docket?
- How do I find the latest information on the Web site? How do I sign up for e-mails and alerts?
How helpful was this information?