FDA Basic Video: Lawrence Deyton Discusses Tobacco (Video)
What is FDA’s public health mission for regulating tobacco products?
Dr. Lawrence R. Deyton, M.S.P.H, M.D. is the Director of the Center for Tobacco Products. “Consumption of tobacco in this country is the leading preventable cause of disease and death,” says Dr. Deyton, M.S.P.H, M.D. He explains that protecting youth from tobacco is an important part of the Center’s mission as “one in four or one in five teenagers are active tobacco users.” He explains that, “kids might acquire the use of tobacco before they have the knowledge to understand the lifetime risk that they have, and then become addicted as teenagers. All of the research does tell us that 80-85% of adult tobacco users started as kids. So our focus on youth access and youth attractiveness to tobacco products continues to be a major public health issue in this country.
- FDA Center for Tobacco Products Inaugural Year and Looking Forward
- What Should I Do If I See Violations of FDA’s Tobacco Products Rules?
- What are FDA’s Regulations for Flavored Tobacco?
- What are the new Regulations Restricting the Sale and Distribution of Cigarettes and Smokeless Tobacco to Protect Children and Adolescents?
- What will FDA do to curb tobacco use among children and adolescents?
- What are some of the key regulatory timelines associated with the tobacco control act?
- How does the regulation of tobacco products differ from FDA’s regulation of drugs or medical devices?
- Is FDA going to ban tobacco?
- What products are not considered to be tobacco products as defined by the tobacco control act?
- What products are considered to be tobacco products as defined by the tobacco control act?
- What is the main goal in regulating tobacco products?
- What are the priorities of the Center for Tobacco Products?
- Does FDA have the authority to regulate tobacco products?
- FDA Basic Video: Lawrence Deyton Discusses Tobacco (Video)
- What part of FDA regulates tobacco products?
- FDA Basics Webinar: State Enforcement Program
- How does FDA plan to enforce the restrictions on promotion and advertising established by the Tobacco Control Act?
How helpful was this information?